Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I needed a small tool cart to use in my shop, I've been looking on craigslist for awhile and just didn't see anything I really liked. I looked around at tool stores and sears, but most of the carts were metal and just seemed kinda cheesy. Rubermaid makes a nice one but it's like $150 and up. Sears had a nice plastic one but was like $129. So off to harbour freight tools to see what they had, They had a nice plastic cart That was nicer than the one at sears because it had storage trays, and get this, a cup holder, all in the handle. I also liked the nice deep trays. It has nice big 4" castors too. And under the handle there is a removable towel bar that you could even put rolls of tape or something on. Regular price $119, on sale for $94, used a 20% off coupon and the price was $75. Ok, a lot of money for a cart that I could have built for way less, and I even have the castors! But I am on a medical with some restrictions and this was quick and easy, I basicly assembled it with one hand. And I needed it now! I will get much use out of it in the shop anyway. The metal carts I was looking at were rated at 350lbs, this thing is rated at 500lbs, won't dent or rust or mar wood, will never have to paint it, and it will clean up with some mineral spirits when I get goo on it. I got some pics with it loaded with about 300lbs of parts on it and it's stable and rolls easy. Size is 16" x 30" They do have one a little larger to, but this one is a good size for my shop.
[attachment=9243][attachment=9244][attachment=9245][attachment=9246]

tool-cart-001.jpg

tool-cart-002.jpg

tool-cart-003.jpg

tool-cart-004.jpg

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Looks nice but it is full of a bunch of crummy old dirty steel.:dash2::dash2::dash2: Kidding aside- I had a renter leave a whole bunch of metal desks. My first thought was this is going to cost me. 10 years later I still am useing 8 of them. 3 of them I cut the legs off of the bottom put 3/4 plywood on so where you sat is a storage shelf- 4 drawers and casters on them and roll around carts. I love them. The heaviest one is my glue up table- stout, flat, easy to clean top and I could not beat the price.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike1950 said:
Looks nice but it is full of a bunch of crummy old dirty steel.
Not for long! he he :sarcastic: