Usps - Insurance

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Post office lost a package I shipped in december To TMAC. I shipped a bunch that day. I thought they all made it but I screwed up. Tim -a heads up guy asked if I had tracking info - 2 weeks later. I did and low and behold it had left Memphis but never got anywhere after that. Contacted PO and they said It would be 30 days before we could file claim. I decided this was not Tim's problem and asked what he wanted to do- money back or wood. He chose wood and he got it this time. Thanks Tim - you made it easy.
Fast forward 30 days- paperwork for claim. Paypal receipt made it easy- PO did not want paypal PO'd so claim filed and money returned- took about 6-7 weeks but we were reimbursed.
PS- I think it would have been much more difficult if it was check or money order. Just thought some of you might want to know.

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
That's odd. I lost a package in Memphis that was headed to TMAC also. That place has some problems it seems. I experienced about the same turn around. AND the same great person on the other end. Thanks for being so understanding TMAC!! Great member for sure!!!!

Just a FYI for everybody. Usps gives you 50 bucks of insurance when using flat rate boxes. If you need more than that be sure to buy it.