walnut blanks and oak slabs

neubig1970

Reaction score
First name
chris
I have alot of green walnut that can be cut to your needs. some with nice figure and some straight grain. I can cut bowl blanks,pen blanks or varius shapes. I have 1 inch boards, 2 inch slabs and large chunks with the bark on. i also have alot of red oak...some slabs that would make nice mantles. I also have access to almost all native wood of ohio. let me know if there is something in particular you are looking for and I will do my best to locate and cut it for you. prices to be negotiated by request.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Chris please Do an intro and tell us about youself. Then read the rules cause it is quite obvious you have skipped that part.

neubig1970

Reaction score
First name
chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
burlguy72 said:
neubig1970 said:
I have alot of green walnut that can be cut to your needs. some with nice figure and some straight grain. I can cut bowl blanks,pen blanks or varius shapes. I have 1 inch boards, 2 inch slabs and large chunks with the bark on. i also have alot of red oak...some slabs that would make nice mantles. I also have access to almost all native wood of ohio. let me know if there is something in particular you are looking for and I will do my best to locate and cut it for you. prices to be negotiated by request.

Pictures, pictures, pictures...:drinks:

DSC00296.JPG

rtriplett

Reaction score
First name
Robert
scrimman said:
Oooooooohhhhh....dat's purdy........
I wouild like to have some idea of the prices and sizes of the pieces in the photos so I know whether to can hope to get some or just look at the pretty pictures.
Robert Triplett

neubig1970

Reaction score
First name
chris
the small one is about 40in x 12x2. I can cut more...thicker. i have several 3 in slabs too i believe

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
del schisler said:
neubig1970 said:
the small one is about 40in x 12x2. I can cut more...thicker. i have several 3 in slabs too i believe

a price would be nice, it may make someone buy ?? thanks del

WHAT WOULD BE REALLY NICE IS IF WE COULD GET THE INTRO ASKED FOR.
EVEYONE be careful cause all these posts and thread are just a little ways from being deleted.
I have asked- I have PM'd you- no answer. Next poof and you are gone. Maybe-hopefully this works..............

neubig1970

Reaction score
First name
chris
I apologize...i work out of town and am very busy. I check this maybe once a day during the week. I did put an intro on the intro page like you asked. My name is Chris and I am in Northwest ohio..Bryan specifically. I have been trimming trees for 20+ yrs and thrown more beautiful wood in our burn pit than most of you would have stomach to bear. That was until recently when I knew there was someone who would want something...somewhere. So I have been researching how to get the fancy stuff....which alot of times is junk no one want for boards and no one wants to split for firewood. Now you can sleep well knowing that I am here to do you all justice by supplying the finest specimens of junk my amish sawyer can saw, and then I will take it home and cuss myself for buying a used ban saw, and cuss again cause I hate typing. If you have cold feet...I will send your wood before you pay me. If someone decides not to pay....the whole group shall suffer, and I will go as quickly as I came. I dont know how to price it...Thats why there is no price. I will take all suggestions and help but I am tired at night and save my research time for the weekend. I have not gotten to how to price them yet for as you see I am just now introducing myself. I am not here to rip anyone off..and I will as I said find you all unusual things if you ask nicely:)

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
neubig1970 said:
I apologize...i work out of town and am very busy. I check this maybe once a day during the week. I did put an intro on the intro page like you asked. My name is Chris and I am in Northwest ohio..Bryan specifically. I have been trimming trees for 20+ yrs and thrown more beautiful wood in our burn pit than most of you would have stomach to bear. That was until recently when I knew there was someone who would want something...somewhere. So I have been researching how to get the fancy stuff....which alot of times is junk no one want for boards and no one wants to split for firewood. Now you can sleep well knowing that I am here to do you all justice by supplying the finest specimens of junk my amish sawyer can saw, and then I will take it home and cuss myself for buying a used ban saw, and cuss again cause I hate typing. If you have cold feet...I will send your wood before you pay me. If someone decides not to pay....the whole group shall suffer, and I will go as quickly as I came. I dont know how to price it...Thats why there is no price. I will take all suggestions and help but I am tired at night and save my research time for the weekend. I have not gotten to how to price them yet for as you see I am just now introducing myself. I am not here to rip anyone off..and I will as I said find you all unusual things if you ask nicely:)

Chris- sorry for my persistence- Kinda what I am supposed to do. Make sure you read rules -Please. You will fit right in- I don't think anybody has been cheated here- great group. I moved your thread to introductions. The kind of wood you are talking about will have some of these folks drooling and shorting out their keyboards. Pictures is all you need. Thanks Mike

EricJS

Reaction score
First name
Eric
Chris, that's some beautiful walnut.:good2:

The best thing about this forum is that everyone will help coach you on things like price, shipping, etc. You might try posting a piece of lumber (including pics and dimensions) and post a price that's fair to you, then specify "price negotiable" or "tell me if this is too much $$" and you'll get some really good feedback.

Woodbarter is a very open and honest network of people. The very design and structure of the site promotes this, so you don't see people "ripping each other off." Spend a little time reading & posting on this forum & you'll get very comfortable with selling & trading that beautiful wood!:drinks:

Oh, and keep the pics coming!:biggrin: