Where in the World is @Arn213 ???

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
He's ok, and around - pretty busy doing a bunch of things. Just had communications with him last week and just received a package from him.

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
Thank you Chuck and everyone for this thread- it is a good feeling when your photo is not in the missing box of a milk carton (lol). All is as good as it can be and half a year does fly and miss the kindred spirits, the creative juices, eye candy, goodness, hilarity, the banter, the shenanigans and the family aspect that Kevin set to bring forth to this wonderful forum. I hope to “get back in the saddle” real soon and I have some fascinating things to share.

Cheers,

Arn

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Thank you Chuck and everyone for this thread- it is a good feeling when your photo is not in the missing box of a milk carton (lol). All is as good as it can be and half a year does fly and miss the kindred spirits, the creative juices, eye candy, goodness, hilarity, the banter, the shenanigans and the family aspect that Kevin set to bring forth to this wonderful forum. I hope to “get back in the saddle” real soon and I have some fascinating things to share.

Cheers,

Arn
Good to have you back Arn. Always appreciate your comments, especially the luthier related stuff.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great to have you back on the forum. You have been a genuine contributor! Chuck

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark

Cheers,

Arn
Gee, I remember the photos on the milk carton, can't say I ever looked inside for any....

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony

Cheers,

Arn
Good to see you my friend!

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
Good to have you back Arn. Always appreciate your comments, especially the luthier related stuff.
Thank you and I switched gears for the time being with interior design commissions outside of guitars- though I am in the process of turning an electric guitar prototype that I drafted and freehand to converted into AutoCAD with the idea of going through CNC fabrication.

By the way, that “000” that you are building looks amazing and it is one of my favorite shapes as it really reminds me of the “Golden Era” with that particular design when CF Martin employed it as a small parlor (0 size) to suit the ladies and they went to an “00” which is the mid size into the “000”.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Thank you and I switched gears for the time being with interior design commissions outside of guitars- though I am in the process of turning an electric guitar prototype that I drafted and freehand to converted into AutoCAD with the idea of going through CNC fabrication.

By the way, that “000” that you are building looks amazing and it is one of my favorite shapes as it really reminds me of the “Golden Era” with that particular design when CF Martin employed it as a small parlor (0 size) to suit the ladies and they went to an “00” which is the mid size into the “000”.
Spot on and thanks. My coach is a traditionalist at heart, not much into fancy stuff. Probably the two factors that most resulted in this one being a OOO is what you just said about it being Martin's bread & butter guitar and the first 3 are dreadnaughts and we wanted to do something different. This one will have a slotted headstock too.

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
Spot on and thanks. My coach is a traditionalist at heart, not much into fancy stuff. Probably the two factors that most resulted in this one being a OOO is what you just said about it being Martin's bread & butter guitar and the first 3 are dreadnaughts and we wanted to do something different. This one will have a slotted headstock too.
I’ll post on your thread so it doesn’t get buried here. But, you will notice a tonal difference and why you need this pattern as it has a different sonic envelope. I was hoping for a slotted headstock which is great that is what you will be implementing as it only looks right with it compare to a solid headstock. A volute would compliment it nicely.