98% finished bench & awesome customer service

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
Seems when the seller is closer to the maker the service is better. When the seller is a white shirt that's importing stuff from China and selling, well, not so good. No pride, just money.

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Is that bench designed to be used as a kitchen island, or an actual workbench that you do work on?

Simply beautiful, and far too nice to even get glue on!!!

RogerC

Reaction score
First name
Roger
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems when the seller is closer to the maker the service is better. When the seller is a white shirt that's importing stuff from China and selling, well, not so good. No pride, just money.
True, in this case he's owner/maker/inventor of the product.

RogerC

Reaction score
First name
Roger
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is that bench designed to be used as a kitchen island, or an actual workbench that you do work on?

Simply beautiful, and far too nice to even get glue on!!!
It's full on work bench in fact here's a photo of what it looks like right now. 20200120_090218.jpg

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
True, in this case he's owner/maker/inventor of the product.
Just like Robust Lathes. It's fun to just stop in and pet the dog and hang out. The machinists are top notch. Deb and Brent are super people.

arianaseamstress

Reaction score
First name
Ariana
Here's some photos and a story of the completion of the bench, I have a few things to finish like walnut plugs for the holes on the side.
I purchased the top at a garage sale for cheap and had always wanted a Tucker vice but the price was crazy. I had gotten a good paying job and while at a show in Ontario CA I purchased the vice and a set of Adjust-A-Bench legs with a castor package. I began the planning of the top and photography kind of took over woodworking so every thing sat in a garage unused for maybe 10 years.

I had wanted to start woodworking again so began work on the bench, after assembling it and trying to lower the castors to roll the bench it would barely raise it high enough to roll. I thought the arm that the castor screws into was bent and I would try to bend it back but after taking it apart I noticed there was a weld that had not been done properly and there was no way to bend it. I thought I would e-mail Adjust-A-Bench with photos and see if he could think of any way to correct it, they e-mailed me back asking me to call Geoff the designer and owner. After speaking to him he asked the size of the castor rail and said he would send me a new one! I was shocked although it was brand new and never used it still was purchased 10 years ago. I had also had trouble with the castor locking mechanism and asked if I was doing something wrong and he said that those were the old style and he has newer ones that are much better and would send me a set of four also!!!!!

All this was at no charge to me what so ever not even shipping, the bench is up and running and let me tell you that you don’t know how much you need a adjustable bench until you have one, it is definitely handy. So tell me have you ever heard of customer service like that it was OUTSTANDING usually you argue and fight tooth and nail to get what you deserve and this I didn’t even expect anything after so long.

So if you are planning on building a workbench please consider this company http://www.adjustabench.com Geoff is great to work with.
Photo #1 shows the Tucker Vice in one of the variable positions you can put it in, basically it lifts up from vertical to horizontal and spins 360 degrees.
Photo #2 is side view I unfortunately had to cut the top short to be able to fit it in the elevator at my condo I was moving it by myself and holy bat guana it was heavy. It is really light on the one side maybe if I move I'll add a tail vice to even it out.
Photo #3 shows the one rail package I purchased so it can be used as a desk if needed with knee clearance, and the bench duster I added magnets to that hold it to the leg.
Photo #4 shows the new casters that Geoff provided.
Photo #5 shows some edge trim I installed to protect the floor due to I have my shop in my dining room in my condo (I'm single if you couldn't figure that out) who needs a room for dining!
View attachment 126615 View attachment 126616 View attachment 126617 View attachment 126618 View attachment 126619
Epic! I wish i had one!