Ok, it starts here, and it's kinda longwinded. Last year, May 13, 2025, I got really stupid and bought a Neptune DVR 15" lathe by Nova Teknatool. I was fairly happy as it had the swing, HP, Variable speed and a couple other things lathes should have. One thing I wasn't too happy about was I was limited on the height of forms I could make, but that wasn't too awful as I have a 3520 PM that needed a electrical pro to look at and longer pieces could be made on it when I got it back to running again.
So, anyway, I used it and probably had around 100-150 hours on it when It started giving me problems. Sometime around March of this year, 2026, I called the US location in Florida and explained to them my problem. It would not shut down when I wanted it, and sometimes it wouldn't stat without turning the power switch off then back on. It's not the on/off switch that controls the lathe, but the power switch from the meter panel to the lathe.
I was told to remove the HMI and blow out the circuit board and the HMI. I did that and reinstalled it. Worked great for about 2 weeks, then started doing the same as before.
I called them again, and was told they would send me a new circuit board. Okie dokie, I'll wait. It took about a week or two, but it arrived. I went to install it and noticed that the only 2 screws that have wires attached were missing. Not too much of an issue as the old circuit board has and I'll just use those. Got it installed into the HMI and then attached it to the lathe. Plugged it in, and then turned on the power.
Immediately got an error code "E-5 Unexpected Trap". I've been through the manual several times looking for the definition of "Unexpected Trap" and what it means and how to correct it. It doesn't exist. Even support doesn't know what it means
So, I called them again. After a couple days, I got a return call. I explained the problem, and was told to send the board back, with the HMI. Apparently I didn't hear the HMI request as I just sent back the board. It took about 2-3 weeks before I found out they wanted the HMI also.
I waited 2-3 weeks and called to find out what the problem. They told me I didn't send them the HMI, so they couldn't do anything til they got it. I sent it in and it took another 2-3 weeks before I called again. Their response was they'd get to it soon and let me know.
It's been just about 6 months since I first contacted them, and right now it's been over 6 weeks since my last communication with them.
I know what it takes to diagnose electronic as small as this HMI and circuit board. It's just minutes out of their lives to do it, and maybe another hour or two doing the paperwork. At the very most, it should have taken them at least 2 hours to pull parts off the shelves where they are stored and install them back into my HMI housing and give it back to me.
@Crocy in Aus. was just here visiting, and he told me that Nova Teknatool has the worst tool manufacturing and warranty reputation in Australia. I agree with that assessment. I am someone who will never deal with them again............. Nubs
So, anyway, I used it and probably had around 100-150 hours on it when It started giving me problems. Sometime around March of this year, 2026, I called the US location in Florida and explained to them my problem. It would not shut down when I wanted it, and sometimes it wouldn't stat without turning the power switch off then back on. It's not the on/off switch that controls the lathe, but the power switch from the meter panel to the lathe.
I was told to remove the HMI and blow out the circuit board and the HMI. I did that and reinstalled it. Worked great for about 2 weeks, then started doing the same as before.
I called them again, and was told they would send me a new circuit board. Okie dokie, I'll wait. It took about a week or two, but it arrived. I went to install it and noticed that the only 2 screws that have wires attached were missing. Not too much of an issue as the old circuit board has and I'll just use those. Got it installed into the HMI and then attached it to the lathe. Plugged it in, and then turned on the power.
Immediately got an error code "E-5 Unexpected Trap". I've been through the manual several times looking for the definition of "Unexpected Trap" and what it means and how to correct it. It doesn't exist. Even support doesn't know what it means
So, I called them again. After a couple days, I got a return call. I explained the problem, and was told to send the board back, with the HMI. Apparently I didn't hear the HMI request as I just sent back the board. It took about 2-3 weeks before I found out they wanted the HMI also.
I waited 2-3 weeks and called to find out what the problem. They told me I didn't send them the HMI, so they couldn't do anything til they got it. I sent it in and it took another 2-3 weeks before I called again. Their response was they'd get to it soon and let me know.
It's been just about 6 months since I first contacted them, and right now it's been over 6 weeks since my last communication with them.
I know what it takes to diagnose electronic as small as this HMI and circuit board. It's just minutes out of their lives to do it, and maybe another hour or two doing the paperwork. At the very most, it should have taken them at least 2 hours to pull parts off the shelves where they are stored and install them back into my HMI housing and give it back to me.
@Crocy in Aus. was just here visiting, and he told me that Nova Teknatool has the worst tool manufacturing and warranty reputation in Australia. I agree with that assessment. I am someone who will never deal with them again............. Nubs