A Sunny South African Hello to everyone here

Canetune

Reaction score
First name
Janine
:sun_smiley: Hello, I am from South Africa and Kevin was so kind to introduce me to this forum. I am looking for someone kind enough to help me with a project. I will post more a little later, but wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I sure do love all the work I have seen thus far and the woods are just amazing. Cheers Janine

[attachment=24175]

image.jpg

Mrfish55

Reaction score
First name
Dave
:welcome2:, waiting patiently for more info on this project of yours.

shadetree_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Joe
A woodworker and she's cute, that's alot more than the rest of us ugly old men can say! Woodworkers we may very well be but cute NEVER, ( I know I know, speak for myself ):rotflmao3::lolol:

NeilYeag

Reaction score
First name
Neil
Welcome for a moment I was worried that I would loose my status (I believe) as the furthest member of this forum . But alas when checking I still may be in the running. Chicago (just picked it cause its kind of centreal US) to Bangkok 13,787 kilometers and Chicago to Cape town 13,682 kilometers.

:good:

Neil

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome, Janine.

That's a great picture of you and Kevin!:greeting:

rdnkmedic

WB Addict
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
:welcome2: From Mauk, GA.

:gigglesign: :gigglesign: :gigglesign: :gigglesign: about what the Doc said.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Welcome Janine, Nice folks and wood here. Looks like you already know that. :yipee::yipee:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Hi Janine! Glad you jumped it. It looks like you have the picture posting thing already down. If you need help posting pics of your project drawings let me know. I hope we can find someone to take your projects on and I think we will. :hi:

DKMD said:

I was a little miffed she made me wear that silly red plume. :blush:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Kevin said:
Hi Janine! Glad you jumped it. It looks like you have the picture posting thing already down. If you need help posting pics of your project drawings let me know. I hope we can find someone to take your projects on and I think we will. :hi:

DKMD said:

Personally- I think it was one of the better pictures I have seen of you.:omg::sofa:

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Canetune said:
:sun_smiley: Hello, I am from South Africa and Kevin was so kind to introduce me to this forum. I am looking for someone kind enough to help me with a project. I will post more a little later, but wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I sure do love all the work I have seen thus far and the woods are just amazing. Cheers Janine

:welcome2: Janine, glad you found us, and hope you enjoy the site. You'll find good folks, good conversation and good wood here.

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
Janine - Welcome from New York :greeting: You have come to the right place! Plenty of very helpful folks here very knowledgeable in just about any facet of woodworking. Looking forward to hearing about your project.
Scott

shadetree_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Joe
Kevin said:

DKMD said:

Oh come now Kevin, it looks so good on you.:rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3:

Canetune

Reaction score
First name
Janine
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike1950 said:
Kevin said:

DKMD said:

Personally- I think it was one of the better pictures I have seen of you.:omg::sofa:

Yes, I know red is not everyones color

Canetune

Reaction score
First name
Janine
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NeilYeag said:
Welcome for a moment I was worried that I would loose my status (I believe) as the furthest member of this forum . But alas when checking I still may be in the running. Chicago (just picked it cause its kind of centreal US) to Bangkok 13,787 kilometers and Chicago to Cape town 13,682 kilometers.

:good:

Neil

Neil, I may almost be further than you, i am from Durban Kwa Zulu Natal and not Cape Town, that is on the East Coast of South Africa and the Cape is on the Southern Tip of SA. however in truth I am now living in DC so dont worry you in essence still keep your well deserved title:no dice. more please: