Acrylic And Pen+ Ink Art Work.

windyridgebowman

two turkeys 23# and 67#
Reaction score
First name
Charles
I was inspired by Tommys"Ghost" watercolors and decided to post a few pic's of my art work. Sorry about the glare from the glass and stretch wrap, and my reflection in the Indian pic. lol. Pen and ink wildlife, an acrylic painting, and some wood carvings that I did for my wife. As you can tell, She loves hunting Morel mushrooms.I like to eat them lol. Chuck.

chucks pics 040.jpeg
chucks pics 054.jpeg
chucks pics 043.jpeg
chucks pics 044.jpeg
chucks pics 046.jpeg
chucks pics 048.jpeg
chucks pics 049.jpeg
chucks pics 050.jpeg
chucks pics 051.jpeg
chucks pics 053.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

windyridgebowman

two turkeys 23# and 67#
Reaction score
First name
Charles
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Dave, I haven't did anything since the wood bug bit me, but do have two paying jobs waiting for me.

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
What Dave said x2. Really like everything about the eagle. The reflection above the Indian doesn't look real, you sure you didn't paint that on the glass.

Ray

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Very nice! You're obviously a talented guy!

Did you make the morels in front of the morel pic?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Looks good. I like the eagle!

Molokai

Knife Maker
Reaction score
First name
Tomislav
That awesome. Have you tried to do scrimshaw? It looks like you will be good if you try...

HomeBody

Reaction score
First name
Gary
Top notch work. The drawings approach photo-realism, especially the white tailed deer head study. Gary

windyridgebowman

two turkeys 23# and 67#
Reaction score
First name
Charles
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. Most of them are done in stipule, one dot at a time. You can make no mistakes, as the ink doesn't erase, and you can't use white-out. The indian chief took me over 100 hours to complete. Now that I have to wear glasses it isn't near as enjoyable lol.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Good grief you have talent by the bucket fulls. Gorgeous artwork, all of it.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
The old cowpoke and the tyke newspaper hawker really speak to me. Did you draw them from something else you saw?

Not to say the others don't draw me in too they do but those two just jump off the screen for me.

windyridgebowman

two turkeys 23# and 67#
Reaction score
First name
Charles
I did take them from articles I had read. "The last cowboy "was the last actual person alive, that had driven cattle over the Oregon trail, they called him "cactus Jack" .He was eighty years old in the photo I used, which was taken in the early eighties,and he rememded me of Jack Palance. The paper boy idea was taken from an old depression photo. I really like the tattered clothing and the safety pin holding the coveralls together.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
That's some awesome work Charles! Do you have any of your stuff in galleries?

windyridgebowman

two turkeys 23# and 67#
Reaction score
First name
Charles
I have had some in our local art gallery, and a few shops.I also did the artwork for some childrens books that my cousin in Australia published. I was pretty prolific at one time, with 25 or so works in print. I had a local print shop do limited edition prints of 100. I did keep all the originals.Most of the prints were given away or sold at cost. I was not very good at the marketing end of it, hated shows, interviews, and basically trying to sell yourself. I only enjoyed the actual artwork. So it was pretty much my own fault that it didn't go anywhere but,I kept my day job. lol.

HomeBody

Reaction score
First name
Gary
I was not very good at the marketing end of it, hated shows, interviews, and basically trying to sell yourself. I only enjoyed the actual artwork. So it was pretty much my own fault that it didn't go anywhere but,I kept my day job. lol.

My problem exactly when I was engraving guns. I'm a pretty fair engraver and a total failure when it comes to business. I don't have enough larceny in my blood. Gave too much stuff away too cheap. Didn't keep my day job and nearly starved. After 15 yrs. engraving on my own it was hard to re-enter the work force. They said you did WHAT for the past 15 yrs.?? The term "starving artist" is unfortunately true for many good artists. Gary

windyridgebowman

two turkeys 23# and 67#
Reaction score
First name
Charles
Exactly, your work is only worth something after you are dead. My daughter bought me a woodburning kit for my birthday, so maybe I can combine the two things I enjoy. Art and wood bartering, lol.