Air Tool Parts

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Anyone ever use this guy:

Tried to call, but no answer and emailed him also. No reply.

Anyone have a different source for this kit:

I really only need the hard plastic seal at the top. And yes I did contact the manufacturer. They no longer carry repair kits because the tool is "decades old". Too bad Ridgid wasn't around then, I would have bought from them.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank

I really only need the hard plastic seal at the top. And yes I did contact the manufacturer. They no longer carry repair kits because the tool is "decades old". Too bad Ridgid wasn't around then, I would have bought from them.
Have you tried e replacement parts? We use them for most repair at our construction company. Also, if it is hard plastic and you have a chunk of ,say, cutting board and a lathe? Just wondering. Most of us could turn a plastic cap. We just don't think about diy because we have all been told that the factory technology is far advanced beyond our skills. Gaskets and seals are generally reproducible at home. O-rings are available in 500 count packs at parts stores and harbor freight.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck

Maybe they are closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day. I would try next week before giving up on them. I’ve never even heard of them, so have no personal knowledge. Chuck

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I know if it was me and the tool was so old that parts where getting tough to find I'd just trash it and buy a new one. I recently rebuilt a Bostic and the parts place said that was the last of their kits. Next time it dies I'll get a new one. I've been going battery powered with finish and Brad nailed, they work fine. Framing guns I don't know, I like my Paslode air framer.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
I have played with, but do not own a battery framing nailer. The Milwaukee worked about like a standard air nailer. The battery trim nailers are super handy and for hobby or shop work are great. Straight run production trim in a new house will eat your batteries.

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you tried e replacement parts? We use them for most repair at our construction company. Also, if it is hard plastic and you have a chunk of ,say, cutting board and a lathe? Just wondering. Most of us could turn a plastic cap. We just don't think about diy because we have all been told that the factory technology is far advanced beyond our skills. Gaskets and seals are generally reproducible at home. O-rings are available in 500 count packs at parts stores and harbor freight.
Every time I try that site for lawn mower parts I get a site in England? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. And yes, I thought about turning the gasket out of Sch 80 plastic, but not sure of a source. It's not an O-ring with cross section of a circle, bit it has square shoulders.

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know if it was me and the tool was so old that parts where getting tough to find I'd just trash it and buy a new one. I recently rebuilt a Bostic and the parts place said that was the last of their kits. Next time it dies I'll get a new one. I've been going battery powered with finish and Brad nailed, they work fine. Framing guns I don't know, I like my Paslode air framer.
I use it so little, I hate to have to buy a new one. But I do have several projects that I need one, so I may have to. I'm looking at Ridgid from HD. Free repair and parts replacement.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I use it so little, I hate to have to buy a new one. But I do have several projects that I need one, so I may have to. I'm looking at Ridgid from HD. Free repair and parts replacement.
I would avoid anything Ridgid at this point, Ridgid tools are going away. Home depot has invested heavily in Ryobi tools and is phasing out ridgid. You pretty much have to look at a ridgid tool as a disposable going forward. Look at Dewalt or Bostich just because theres more places that carry them and you'll be able to get parts and service for them. Or just bite the bullet and try Ryobi, they have come a long way over the years, for cheap tools some of them are pretty good. I have some old blue tools that just wont die and I use them all the time, I've even upgraded them to lithium batteries and they run a lot longer. I do have a Bostich cordless finish nailer for doing interior trim and it's pretty cool not to have to drag a compressor and hoses around. For a diyer it's not a bad tool and works well. I'm not a contractor so I dont use it all day every day but for doing trim in my house its great.