Anyone know where to get these ??

RBcarving

Reaction score
First name
Brad
Or what they are officially called ??
I need the little splined brass inserts, 1/4" in diameter. By the dozen or hundreds.
Like the ones that are used in appliance knobs.
Thanks,
Brad
spline.jpg

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I would try smallparts.com for that I'm sure they have them. I know what they are called too I just have to remember . . . . .

RBcarving

Reaction score
First name
Brad
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will check on those parts places, but cannot find exactly what I need online.
Jon, sent you a message...but yes, brass is the go to. I have been casting some myself, but was hoping I could find some in bulk to save $$ via time & energy.

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
Or what they are officially called ??
I need the little splined brass inserts, 1/4" in diameter. By the dozen or hundreds.
Like the ones that are used in appliance knobs.
Thanks,
Brad
View attachment 43095

I've looked all over and can find the threaded ones left and right but not the splined ones. Have you considered buying a ton of the cheap knobs with that insert in them and just hitting with a hammer to scavenge the insert?

RBcarving

Reaction score
First name
Brad
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've looked all over and can find the threaded ones left and right but not the splined ones. Have you considered buying a ton of the cheap knobs with that insert in them and just hitting with a hammer to scavenge the insert?

YES...Yes I have !! ;-)
They have been casting fine, but just thought I would try to step it up a bit by having the insert.,..maybe I'll stick with what Im doing !!

Thanks,
Brad