Bandsaw blade recomendation for making boxes.

David - The only time I've used my band saw on boxes is for resawing thicker boards into thinner boards. I prefer to work with 3/8-1/2" thick sides. For resawing I have a 4 teeth per inch blade that's almost an inch wide. It came with the saw when I bought it. But people on here like TimberWolf blades. If you're going to do a lot of curve cuts and stuff you'll want a thinner blade with more teeth so you get a cleaner cut and can maneuver the wood through the blade.
 
David, if you plan to make bandsaw boxes you may want to consider a 3/16" fine tooth & a 3/8" 3 or 4 tpi blades.

You will need the smaller blade for the sharp turns on the interior cuts.

As a matter of fact, you will need multiples of the sizes that you choose. Stock up, shipping costs the same whether you order 1 blade or 20.

Unless you are running exotic hardwoods you will not need exotic blades. Ive bought blades from many suppliers for my bandsaws. My go to is SuperCut. I've still got a few from the hyped up wolf brand but have not found them to perform any better than the normal blades.

What kind of bandsaw do you have?
 
Back
Top