Bandsaw blades

Alan R McDaniel Jr

Reaction score
First name
Alan
Since I never throw anything away… I have accumulated a number of used bandsaw blades (some for which I have no bandsaw anymore). So, pretending to be busy, I started going through them to get the “still too good to throw away” ones out ready to be used (or not)…. lots of them still have some cutting life left in them but the blades are twisted and in the course of their round and round, leave a noticeable wobble in the cut. Is there any way or any device that can straighten them out again besides eyeballs and pliers?

Alan

Kentucky clovis

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Cooks saw has a roller that works ok, mostly to take out set , but only for 1 1/4 and up blades sawmill sizes ,smaller blades all i ever tried was plyers and luck.

Last edited:

Alan R McDaniel Jr

Reaction score
First name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These are small blades. I send the Timber King blades off to them for straightening and sharpening…

I’ll keep looking. Thanks for the reply though.

Alan

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Hi Alan @Alan R McDaniel Jr
Before tossing the ones that have to more life left at an actual saw blade, consider how used blades may be repurposed.
I've seen enough creativity here in the form of drying surfaces for stain (and other uses) that I regret tossing the one I did a few months back. Perhaps you could introduce a query about what people do with them before committing them to the recycle bin?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Not a good turnout for the qotw....but here's some more info....

Alan R McDaniel Jr

Reaction score
First name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My DIL gave me a jalpeno seeder made with an antler handle on a looped coping saw blade. Band saw blades are probably a little big for that...

For finishing work they would be great.

Alan