Basket Illusion for Dolly

Steve in VA

Member
Full Member
Messages
2,387
Reaction score
5,801
Location
Virginia
First name
Steve
I’m not sure if this one is quite done yet. After looking at it for a few days, I may have to go over it again to get the colors a bit more vibrant. Any thoughts?

On another note, I did this color scheme as a tribute to Dolly Parton and paired it with her song “Light of a clear blue morning” along with a picture of her in her classic orange dress on my Instagram page - @thirdbaywoodworking. She meant so much to so many!

IMG_5965.webp IMG_5967.webp IMG_5971.webp IMG_5991.webp
 
I agree with Alan, looks great just the way it is. You got that done really quickly. I have to hand it to women like Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynna and Tammy Wynette for strength and perseverance and the success they gained in the early years of country music when women weren't expected to run their own business.
 
I’m not sure if this one is quite done yet. After looking at it for a few days, I may have to go over it again to get the colors a bit more vibrant. Any thoughts?

On another note, I did this color scheme as a tribute to Dolly Parton and paired it with her song “Light of a clear blue morning” along with a picture of her in her classic orange dress on my Instagram page - @thirdbaywoodworking. She meant so much to so many!

View attachment 292734 View attachment 292735 View attachment 292736 View attachment 292737
Tremendous piece, and tribute!
 
Please remember we are our own worst critics. I think it’s gorgeous and you did great photography.

I started reading your post and imagined the song coat of many colors, but great choice. Yes, she was so amazing. I can’t even think of her as sick. Some people have an infectious smile, laugh, etc. She was infectious!!! Everything about her and she wasn’t about self…….
 
Beautiful piece. I also thought of 'Coat of Many Colors' when viewing the pics. Nice tribute, she was definitely one of a kind.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #10
Please remember we are our own worst critics. I think it’s gorgeous and you did great photography.

I started reading your post and imagined the song coat of many colors, but great choice. Yes, she was so amazing. I can’t even think of her as sick. Some people have an infectious smile, laugh, etc. She was infectious!!! Everything about her and she wasn’t about self…….
Coat of many colors was my second choice, but the blue seemed to tie in nicely color wise.
 
Beautifully complex and very well done. The form is spot on and I love the spiral design. The different design of the '+' element in the three repeating spirals adds some impressive detail.

It's always tough to make suggestions from pictures, but my thought is to leave it as is. When I zoom in, the cells all look well saturated with color, and I don't know if trying to add more would accomplish much.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #12
Beautifully complex and very well done. The form is spot on and I love the spiral design. The different design of the '+' element in the three repeating spirals adds some impressive detail.

It's always tough to make suggestions from pictures, but my thought is to leave it as is. When I zoom in, the cells all look well saturated with color, and I don't know if trying to add more would accomplish much.
Thanks very much Tim! As you well know, you see every single little thing on the pieces that you’ve done yourself.
 
Nicely done Steve.

I think we can all appreciate Dolly even more now after all the accolades and “behind the scenes” things she did for others during her life.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #16
Nicely done Steve.

I think we can all appreciate Dolly even more now after all the accolades and “behind the scenes” things she did for others during her life.
Thank you and you’re spot on about her!
 
That’s a beautiful piece Steve. Colors you chose work great and the shape is appropriate to Dolly as well. She was a true gem.
 
Back
Top