Birdseye Maple & East Indian Rosewood

smallfry

Member
Full Member
Messages
92
Reaction score
356
Location
Tennessee
First name
Mark
This is my newest box. A box that is a bit larger than most I make, as I didn't want to waste any of the Birdseye I had been saving. I've had the top piece laying around for about 30 years and finally decided to make something with it. I usually try to find a contrasting wood/color for the trim and lining, so I went with East Indian Rosewood. I have a bunch of old guitar fingerboard blanks that I dug out for the trim and one large Rosewood piece that was wide enough for the liners. With a box this size I decided to make a couple smaller lift out boxes to fill up the interior. They are the same Birdseye, and their lids have brass hidden hinge pins. Small boxes are 8.25"x 3.5"x 2" tall. The large box is 13"x 9.5"x 5" tall. I made the latch hardware from 3/8"x 1/16" brass flat bar. Thanks for looking. DSC_0007.webp DSC_0001.webp DSC_0003.webp DSC_0004.webp
 
Back
Top