Broken hill gidgee boards

Friedrich9

Member
Full Member
Messages
1,125
Reaction score
1,432
Location
Ohio
First name
Frederick
Also known as Nelia



Acacia loderi
Density is around 1,200 kg/m3
Best Janka rating I can find is about 3,730

Left one $40 plus shipping

9 1/4” x 3 3/8” x 1 3/8”


Right one $35 plus shipping

10” x 4” x 1 1/8”

IMG_1870.webp IMG_1871.webp IMG_1872.webp IMG_1873.webp
 
Nice looking boards and I especially like the curl and color on the left one. Without your description, I would have bet money it was Walnut..............
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
Nice looking boards and I especially like the curl and color on the left one. Without your description, I would have bet money it was Walnut..............
Yeah, it really does look like walnut, but three times harder 😂. I tried resawing some of this too fast once. Ate the teeth off of a tungsten carbide bandsaw blade
 
Back
Top