Bullet click pens.....

bald9eagle

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Anyone having any trouble with them? The three I have made all seem to have component issues so I have been reluctant to make any more. Just curious. Seems like they are not as well made as the bolt action pens.

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I have a bag of these I haven't turned yet cause I'm always having trouble with click pens. May be just me though

bald9eagle

Reaction score
First name
Matt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good....I guess. I thought it was just me.

bald9eagle

Reaction score
First name
Matt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The click feels stiff in two, sloppy in another. I thought maybe I had messed up on the blank length on the first one. They just aren't as smooth operating as I would like for them to be. I was hoping for a solid feeling click pen but these just don't cut it.

manbuckwal

Reaction score
First name
Tom
The click feels stiff in two, sloppy in another. I thought maybe I had messed up on the blank length on the first one. They just aren't as smooth operating as I would like for them to be. I was hoping for a solid feeling click pen but these just don't cut it.

You will definitely like the Bolts . A smooth solid feeling clicker. From what I recall, I did prefer the chrome clicker over the gold . It's been several months since I've made them and now that I've made the bolts, I won't go back to the clickers .

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
I did a dozen of the clickers and they were ok in the beginning, I've had more issues with the mechanism wearing out and since I stand behind what I make I've had to replace 7 of them (I replaced with twist to prevent another comeback), three I've heard nothing, and two I pulled form inventory and reused the body for twist pens. I won't do any more unless the customer specifically requests it and I do try to talk them out of it and I tell them up front that the mechanism will not last like a twist.

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Looks like I've got about 10 I won't be making. Lol.

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
Looks like I've got about 10 I won't be making. Lol.

If you can find a buyer I'd move them along or return them, Otherwise, I used that last of them for giveaways.

Karl_99

Reaction score
First name
Karl
I have replaced the bullet click pens with bolt actions as well. The click mechanism is not very robust. The bolt actions are easier to make, easier to sell and more profitable.