- Thread Starter Thread Starter
- #41
Received. Thanks Ken. Sending out today. Will be coming in two different boxes
Not sure how the heck to mount it but I would take the bottom one of these that Tim didn’t getas far as burls for vases or taller work these are nice.. especially the one:
View attachment 253571
View attachment 253572
View attachment 253573
View attachment 253574
View attachment 253575
ok, I'll dig that one outNot sure how the heck to mount it but I would take the bottom one of these that Tim didn’t get
yes sir!got any myrtle burl left?
Hey Mike, I have the two set aside for you that we discussed months ago... I believe you said to wait to throw them in with something else you like in the future. Should I dig 'em out?I know you are probably only picking up the bigger ones, but I'd be interested in the a few smaller ones with a bit of trunk sticking out of it. Something I can do a purdy ladle from. Manzanita is possible also.
i'd be interested in pictures and pricesyes sir!
I dug out the originals we spoke about and then there’s a few larger ones in case you neeed a “serving a soup kitchen” sized ladleI know you are probably only picking up the bigger ones, but I'd be interested in the a few smaller ones with a bit of trunk sticking out of it. Something I can do a purdy ladle from. Manzanita is possible also.
I found this one and pulled it for you as well as the olive burl and the Ceanothus round #7. Still working on finding the other Ceanothus burls 1,2,3,4 and 5Not sure how the heck to mount it but I would take the bottom one of these that Tim didn’t get
No problem alan, let me finish up with a few folks ahead of you between various threads and then I’ll get you some picsBurl has become like catnip for me. Anything 6 x 6 x 6 or 7 x 7 x 7? Thanks.
When you say “anything” do you like the stuff with voids and “character” and lots of undulating surfaces or you want burls with no voids, etc? I have many in the size range you asked for but most are very irregular shaped within those boundaries usually.Burl has become like catnip for me. Anything 6 x 6 x 6 or 7 x 7 x 7? Thanks.
Prefer no or small voids. I’ll take this. Thank you.I found a really nice piece of bay laurel for you. $120 shipped LFRB. Size is 5.25 x 12 x 12
View attachment 268186
View attachment 268187
Sorry Alan, you've got runner up if @vegas urban lumber doesn't take it. He was ahead of you and asked specifically for the Bay Laurel, so I was posting in response to that inquiry from him. But it's all yours if they pass on itPrefer no or small voids. I’ll take this. Thank you.
i'll pass, let @Alancw have it.Sorry Alan, you've got runner up if @vegas urban lumber doesn't take it. He was ahead of you and asked specifically for the Bay Laurel, so I was posting in response to that inquiry from him. But it's all yours if they pass on it
Thank you.i'll pass, let @Alancw have it.
i was more looking for oregon type myrtle wood
Umbellularia californica
but then i see it might be that, but i'll still pass