Cat Burl Pot Call #1

Jeffrey Eastman

Reaction score
First name
Jeffrey
RARE Catalpa Burl.

Measures 4 1/8” sq x 2” thick.

Could make 2 awesome pot calls or a very nice jewelry box

This is 1 of 4 that will be listed in separate posts as to not cause any confusion.

Anchorsealed at 13% MC

$30/ea plus $8 shipping for 1 or $15 shipping for 2 or more. US only please.

First to post "I’ll take it", takes it.

Thanks for looking. View attachment 178772

E904C90C-EF84-44DE-A458-412FEE8D9531.jpeg

9199BB17-2019-457B-8C96-2633B37B4F1E.jpeg

40E214E7-132A-4A32-86C7-DE44EBA19ECE.jpeg

3FC54EAD-83D9-496D-9F87-876A1EB8622D.jpeg

Echoashtoreth

Reaction score
First name
Sarah
Now help me figure out what is what, please... is it a 2" thick double call pc that u want 30 + 8 shipping for? And are these sample or actual pics? If so i want the botttom one 4.125 sq x 2" tk and would like to see/know which pic is its reverse i dont do 'pick-mix' wood buys...
Thanks

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Ahhhh, Sarah didn't say "I'll take it." She said "I want it." Hahaha. Good grab Sarah!

Jeffrey Eastman

Reaction score
First name
Jeffrey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I may post the others differently. All pics are of the same blank and are not samples. What you see is what you would receive. The first 4 pics are of the 4 ends and the two bottom pics are of the 4 1/8" sides or faces.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Jeffery, how close are the colors shown here to the actual color of the wood? I'm assuming you have moistened the wood for the pics, yes?

Jeffrey Eastman

Reaction score
First name
Jeffrey
Jeffery, how close are the colors shown here to the actual color of the wood? I'm assuming you have moistened the wood for the pics, yes?
Yes I have. It's hard to get an exact color match on the pics. The actual color is a bit less yellow than the pics show.

Jeffrey Eastman

Reaction score
First name
Jeffrey
Gotta ask, " shipping for 1 or $15 shipping for 2 or more " won't 2 of these fit in a USPS F/R Envelope ?
Yes they would. I have used the envelopes only a few times and had one tear open and lost all of the pieces inside. I have only shipped in FRB since. If you want a couple of them Ill be happy to place them in an envelope for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Jeffery,

I'd be interested in a burled sample for my reference collection. Samples finish at 3" wide by 6" long by 1/2 thick. Maybe 2 samples, one like the first picture showing the eyes from the side as a sunburst and one like the last pictures showing the eyes top down.

Jeffrey Eastman

Reaction score
First name
Jeffrey
Jeffery,

I'd be interested in a burled sample for my reference collection. Samples finish at 3" wide by 6" long by 1/2 thick. Maybe 2 samples, one like the first picture showing the eyes from the side as a sunburst and one like the last pictures showing the eyes top down.
Excellent. I will need to go through some pieces in my garage and see what I have. If not, I hope to get more cut tomorrow. Ill let you know.

Echoashtoreth

Reaction score
First name
Sarah
Being a fickle female i have decided to take #4... this one is up for grabs gents (and ladies)