*closed* Desert Ironwood pieces

JD1137

Member
Full Member
Messages
2,500
Reaction score
6,446
Location
Illinois
First name
John
Have a few pieces of DI for sale. Pictured in a group but I’m able to take individual pics if necessary.

From top (11 o’clock) and clockwise:

All sizes approximate since none are really square. Edit - nature of the species, lots of cracks and voids.

1. Approximate- 4x8x10” - 10.5# - $60
2. Approximate- 33x6x3” - 13# - $75 @Big Ry was looking for a lengthy piece
3. Approximate- 5x8x10” - 15.5# - $90
4. Approximate- 1.5 x 3x 12” - 2# - $10
5. Approximate- 3x4x10” - 7# - $40

All $$ plus shipping. All shown wet.

IMG_0630.webp IMG_0631.webp
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
Yup. Ill take #2. Thanks!
Sounds good- I hope you can see in the pics there’s a bunch of cracks and voids? Let me know if you need any additional pics, otherwise, I’ll work on the packaging and get you a price soon.
 
Sounds good- I hope you can see in the pics there’s a bunch of cracks and voids? Let me know if you need any additional pics, otherwise, I’ll work on the packaging and get you a price soon.
I see the one big crack and voids in the other side. Are there more cracks?

I debated also claiming #5. How solid is that one?
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #5
I see the one big crack and voids in the other side. Are there more cracks?

I debated also claiming #5. How solid is that one?
Ryan - a couple more pics of No. 2, the long piece, and No. 5. JD

IMG_0641.webp IMG_0642.webp

IMG_0643.webp

No. 5 - decent chunk

IMG_0644.webp IMG_0645.webp
 
Oof yeah that longer one looks a bit worse up close. Do you think its possible to get a clean 1.5x1.5x18+ out of it? Doesn't need to be exactly 1.5x1.5; 3x1 or so would also work (not for turning). I'm mostly concerned about getting at least 18" length.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
Oof yeah that longer one looks a bit worse up close. Do you think it’s possible to get a clean 1.5x1.5x18+ out of it? Doesn't need to be exactly 1.5x1.5; 3x1 or so would also work (not for turning). I'm mostly concerned about getting at least 18" length.
Let me check. I have (3) more long pieces and I’ll see which one is the best.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #8
Oof yeah that longer one looks a bit worse up close. Do you think its possible to get a clean 1.5x1.5x18+ out of it? Doesn't need to be exactly 1.5x1.5; 3x1 or so would also work (not for turning). I'm mostly concerned about getting at least 18" length.
Should have asked- Does the sapwood matter in your request?
 
Hi @Big Ry If you need more 18” DIW, I have an all heart-wood candidate for you to consider.
I do not mean to intrude on the thread started by @JD1137 , just want to see amazing wood go to appreciative hands.
Thanks!
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #11
I'd prefer mostly heartwood, but a little sapwood isn't a big deal.
Ryan - I looked at the other pieces and I can’t guarantee you’re going to get what you are looking for in any of them. It’s possible after some work on the bandsaw, but I just don’t have the time to process it.

Totally understand if you want to wait it out. JD
 
Ryan - I looked at the other pieces and I can’t guarantee you’re going to get what you are looking for in any of them. It’s possible after some work on the bandsaw, but I just don’t have the time to process it.

Totally understand if you want to wait it out. JD
Eh I might not be able to use it for some of my standard projects, but thats still a good price. So I think Ill still take it and #5 too
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #13
Eh I might not be able to use it for some of my standard projects, but thats still a good price. So I think Ill still take it and #5 too
sounds good - I'll send you a PM
 
Back
Top