**CLOSED** Oak burl pieces

Eric Rorabaugh

Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Full Member
Messages
12,918
Reaction score
21,967
Location
Wytheville, VA
First name
Eric
MFRB of oak burl pieces. I believe it was red oak but can't remember. Anywho...sizes in pics. You can see the chainsaw cut in the one. This was cut sometime last year. Been under the lean to off my shed since. Didn't check moisture and didn’t seal. Has a few drying cracks but not many. $40/shipped CONUS only. 6 total pieces

Will be cross posted

20250327_194352.jpg

20250327_194428.jpg
 
Last edited:
Now, I know you are from NYC and one has to make allowances for yer upbringing and yankee tastes - but ya ain't lived until ------- There are locals that I would rather have no-frills doughnuts === but------------

1743689133414.webp

Now, there is a place where iff'n I want real fancy-smancy - they gots good french pastries. But for perhaps the best sweet thing I've ever bought and put in my mouth (besides pecan pie, ice cream, cheesecake, and Texas sheet cake) is these. Technically not doughnuts, but cro-nuts. I have to plan my diet for days so as not to shoot up the blood glucose too much! My only complaint - their original bakery is too close to the house as well as one of the Krispy Kreme's - just the other direction. I sure hope I don't have to get in my car and go anywhere's today - It'll probably auto-steer to the 5 Daughters Bakery.

1743690089049.webp 1743690219617.webp 1743690975424.webp
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #12
Lol. I still have some that were going to Texas in August so don't tempting me. 😆
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #19
Not in burl...yet but will have cherry, osage and walnut I know of. Depends on what else I find from now until then.
 
Back
Top