Closed -Olive wood - 12 pounds

vonaltenhofen

Reaction score
First name
Richard
I have for your consideration, a medium flat rate box filled with 12 pounds of beautiful olive wood. During the early 1900s, central Phoenix was home to a number of olive groves. Today the groves are gone, but a few trees remain. The wood is highly prized by local woodturners for its workability and its figured grain. This wood was collected after a large storm in 2008 downed a few trees. For those who are not familiar with olive wood, cracks are to be expected. The old wood tends to heart shake. And the fresh wood holds a lot of water. The wood is dry. I began to fill the cracks in the largest piece with epoxy/ebony dust. It measures 5" x 4.5" x 5.5." Price $75. I pay postage in continental USA.

DSCF5471.JPG

DSCF5472.JPG

DSCF5473.JPG

DSCF5474.JPG

DSCF5475.JPG

Last edited:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I have another box. Give me a day or so to put it together. I will PM you. Thanks. Richard

Richard, it would be better if you would just post it in the open forum, tag Mike and give him first dibs on it.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Hi Tony. OK. I know how to post in the forum, but I don't know how to tag Mike.

Whenever you want someone to see a post type their name with the @ symbol before it like this...... @Tony

You will see it pull up as your typing and it will be bold, that's how you know it worked. If you need anything let me know!

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Whenever you want someone to see a post type their name with the @ symbol before it like this...... @Tony

You will see it pull up as your typing and it will be bold, that's how you know it worked. If you need anything let me know!
For a little clarification - Don't start typing their name but their username. As in Michaels you would type @Bean_counter and the list pops up and you would click on his to insert it in your post

Hi Michael!!

vonaltenhofen

Reaction score
First name
Richard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For a little clarification - Don't start typing their name but their username. As in Michaels you would type @Bean_counter and the list pops up and you would click on his to insert it in your post

Hi Michael!!
Another question. I re-read the Rules and there is a term I am not familiar with: "behind the forum"

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Another question. I re-read the Rules and there is a term I am not familiar with: "behind the forum"
Basically it just means making "back door" deals. All deals must begin and end out in the open forum and not done by PM, that's all.

vonaltenhofen

Reaction score
First name
Richard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. As they say, You can't play the game if you don't know the rules. And I want to play. [8^)