Colorful History!

Karl_99

Reaction score
First name
Karl
3 Beautiful pens with natural woods -L to R:
Susquehanna Silk Mill, now the site of Conagra - producer of Chef Boyardee (Milton, PA) circa 1919, Manning Goddard mansion (Huntsville, AL) circa 1835 and the Moffett Field - Hangar One (Mountainview, CA) circa 1933. Hangar One housed the large air ships and covers 8 acres.

ATTACH=full]181213[/ATTACH]

3 Sierra Pens with Historic Woods 22920.jpg

Last edited:

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Its always so interesting to have a history of the wood. Makes the work more noteworthy. In addition those pens are nicely done. Real keepers

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Nicely done Karl. I really like the color contrast in them all. Woods with a story are always more interesting.

Karl_99

Reaction score
First name
Karl
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nicely done Karl. I really like the color contrast in them all. Woods with a story are always more interesting.
I really like the woods with a story. I just picked up some oak from the Basking Ridge, NJ Oak tree that was 619 years old! Think of everything that happened during it's life. Also, got some Ipe Coney Island Board Walk and just ordered some wood from the movie set for Clint Eastwood's movie "Outlaw Josey Wales".

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
I really like the woods with a story. I just picked up some oak from the Basking Ridge, NJ Oak tree that was 619 years old! Think of everything that happened during it's life. Also, got some Ipe Coney Island Board Walk and just ordered some wood from the movie set for Clint Eastwood's movie "Outlaw Josey Wales".
Is there any way I can get a piece of that? The Josey Wales wood.

TXMoon

Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Those are beautiful and great history with them. My dad was stationed at Moffett Field back in the 60s and I my sister and I were born in San Jose.