End grain cutting board

Maverick

Member
Full Member
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
7,400
Location
Las Vegas
First name
John
First time making an end grain cutting board. Walnut and maple, approximately 12” x 18” x 1 1/8 thick. Used CNC to surface it, route the juice groove and the handles. Enjoyed the process, even the sanding wasn’t that bad.
:joy:


IMG_1719.webp IMG_1718.webp IMG_1717.webp
 
Beautiful board. I really like how you paid attention to the way the grain in the walnut aligns into diamonds. And the walnut is a gorgeous color, more black - grey than brown. Nice.
 
Ooh. That’s good. Really good. I’m not very good at cutting boards. In general I try to avoid them.
 
I like that pattern, I'm in the process of making an end grain brick pattern cutting board, it will be my first attempt, we'll see how it goes. You did a great job.
 
This thread has some comments as far back as Sept. 13 that never showed up. Today had 2 that caused the 5 that I also hadn't seen come in as new posts. .
It has answered my question of what to send @Maverick for guessing what the material was of that rock with all the holes I posted a week or 2 ago.

What I will send you is some Mesquite and Palo Verde. Both are food grade wood according to Arizona State University. Palo Verde is a white wood and Mesquite is dark, which you already knew. They will be 4 squares of 1 1/2 x 12 x12 two Palo Verde and 2 Mesquites. ............. Nubs
 
Back
Top