Hey Guys, thought I would take some of my scraps, cut offs, even entire boards and start cutting some pen blanks.
I don't turn pens, so I have no use for them, I wont lie, money is tight, people are just not buying my finished products right now, so I would think offering up some material to others might help a little.
I don't have the really fancy material others have, no burls or real exotics, just the basics, Walnut, Oaks, Maple, Cherry, Sometimes I get my hands on stuff like Teak chairs, and I recycle those, you get the point.
I thought that 1.00 per blank at 13/16 x 13/16 @ 5 1/4 seemed fair, if not, please let me know.
I can fit 20 blanks in a small flat rate box.
http://i.Rule #2/tNlDk.jpg
20 blanks 26.00 out the door, and I do accept and prefer paypal.
You can call me direct if you would like to do a custom type order, or would like to ask any questions, I am friendly and house broken.
Pics of what I cut up today. I have more stock.
I got my hands on some ?spalted? like white oak. Some of it is very prominent, some of it is just coffee and white.
http://i.Rule #2/4iaUX.jpg
Cherry
I opted to include sapwood, knots, imperfections. I like that kind of stuff myself, I will try to cut up some of the figured Cherry I have for more.
http://i.Rule #2/IVtZf.jpg
Spalted Birch.
I dont have much of this, I got lucky finding what I did find, Might go back and see if I can get more. Sort of feels like poplar when working it, it is stable, I cut the punky stuff out.
http://i.Rule #2/9F2e8.jpg
Ash
Plain Jane Ash.
http://i.Rule #2/BCW8E.jpg
Walnut
Lots of Walnut, all Kiln dried. I included sapwood in some of them, again not sure if people like that.
http://i.Rule #2/hqJGN.jpg
Maple
Again, cut some funky stuff for these.
http://i.Rule #2/GeBu5.jpg
And this stuff....
I think it is Osage Orange, hard as hell to cut, planer hates it, I've used it a few years ago on something for my son, I might be able to find some more of the real yellow stuff if I dug around.
http://i.Rule #2/wLZxQ.jpg
http://i.Rule #2/muZR9.jpg
I don't turn pens, so I have no use for them, I wont lie, money is tight, people are just not buying my finished products right now, so I would think offering up some material to others might help a little.
I don't have the really fancy material others have, no burls or real exotics, just the basics, Walnut, Oaks, Maple, Cherry, Sometimes I get my hands on stuff like Teak chairs, and I recycle those, you get the point.
I thought that 1.00 per blank at 13/16 x 13/16 @ 5 1/4 seemed fair, if not, please let me know.
I can fit 20 blanks in a small flat rate box.
http://i.Rule #2/tNlDk.jpg
20 blanks 26.00 out the door, and I do accept and prefer paypal.
You can call me direct if you would like to do a custom type order, or would like to ask any questions, I am friendly and house broken.
Pics of what I cut up today. I have more stock.
I got my hands on some ?spalted? like white oak. Some of it is very prominent, some of it is just coffee and white.
http://i.Rule #2/4iaUX.jpg
Cherry
I opted to include sapwood, knots, imperfections. I like that kind of stuff myself, I will try to cut up some of the figured Cherry I have for more.
http://i.Rule #2/IVtZf.jpg
Spalted Birch.
I dont have much of this, I got lucky finding what I did find, Might go back and see if I can get more. Sort of feels like poplar when working it, it is stable, I cut the punky stuff out.
http://i.Rule #2/9F2e8.jpg
Ash
Plain Jane Ash.
http://i.Rule #2/BCW8E.jpg
Walnut
Lots of Walnut, all Kiln dried. I included sapwood in some of them, again not sure if people like that.
http://i.Rule #2/hqJGN.jpg
Maple
Again, cut some funky stuff for these.
http://i.Rule #2/GeBu5.jpg
And this stuff....
I think it is Osage Orange, hard as hell to cut, planer hates it, I've used it a few years ago on something for my son, I might be able to find some more of the real yellow stuff if I dug around.
http://i.Rule #2/wLZxQ.jpg
http://i.Rule #2/muZR9.jpg