myingling said:Just thought i would give thumbs up on what this Cactus looks like in turkey call ,,Great lookin wood![]()
Mike,
That call is sick. I love seeing my blanks turn into something so amazing. How does she sound?
myingling said:Just thought i would give thumbs up on what this Cactus looks like in turkey call ,,Great lookin wood![]()
ripjack13 said:Um...I showed her. She said yuk. So lets make it 2 number 140 in the pot call size.
final answer. No change backs. Lol. Let me know the total and I'll do the paypal thingee when she's off the computer.
Thanx again fellers!!!
ripjack13 said:Yep...flakes are good. She loves cobalt blue....and the flakes look like "bling"
ripjack13 said:Allrightie then. Thanx again.
so.....when you get to it, you get to it.ripjack13 said:omg...the temps up here are in the high 90's to 100's. only a spot of rain too.
I have a shop set up in my basement...finally. So I should be able to cut up a block soon. Any suggestions on what kind of bandsaw blade to use?


ripjack13 said:Howdy guys! I got my pucks! I love the color! The mrs loves the color! Thanx so much for them. I wiped one with adamp rag and the sparkles in it popped right out! Thats awesome fellas!!
Now...a question.
when I sand them, is it ok to wet sand?

ripjack13 said:I just tried a puck with CA...it's not coming out to well. :dash2: :cray: :dash2:
I need to find a video on how to apply it to ,say, a turkey pot call.
Then I might get some idea how it's sposta be done....:fit:
shadetree_1 said:How did you put it on ? Ca is best put on while the piece is spinning on a lathe with a paper towel, You might find it easier and better to not use CA but use Clear Deft Brushing Lacquer, then you don't need the spin, every thing you see that I have posted from trumpet and pot call blanks and pen blanks all are Deft Brushing Lacquer finishes and they all look pretty good and I only sand to 220, just enough to take off the rough and show the grain.
Chris or others might have a better idea.

ripjack13 said:I do not have a lathe. so i first tried to do it by hand. with paper towel. then i rigged it up to my drill, in my lap. (ca went everywhere.) sanded it to 2000. did that about 5 times. medium first 2 coats then thick....i definitely need to practice though. i know it won't come to me on my second try.
i just ordered some deft from ace. it'll be here by wednesday or so. then i can pick it up.....thanx for the info!!