**ENDED** birdseye maple - guaging interest

pinky

Member
Full Member
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
2,871
Location
Marco Island, Fl.
First name
John
I have about 30 bd. ft. of dry birdseye maple I would like to sell. I'm figuring around $6.50 a bd. ft. It ranges from 3/4 to 8/4 material and 2" turning sticks to 12" wide boards. Very nice material. The reason for this post is I think I would need to cut this stuff up to fit in a LFRB. I hate to cut it up if there is no interest. I think a box will hold up to 6 bd. ft. in 24" lengths. Most of this is in the 4 ft. range so cutting them in half would work nicely. I'm not expecting committments until pics and sizes are shown, but if the material is as advertised, would there be any interest at that price before I cut it up and do a little sanding on it to show the eyes.

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/birdseye003.jpg
 
I'm interested in a box or two possibly.

:hi2:
 
Actually, I'm looking for some 12" wide Maple to make a cross out of....If you've got some that is 2" thick or better AND you're cutting it to 24", you'd definitely have a sale here......
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
Here are some pics. Kevin is first up. The 2 boards that are over 11" wide are a little cupped. There are 2 boards with a twist and 1 board has a check going half way thru. I would like to cut these to 24" long to fit in a LFRB. That should hold close to 6 bd. ft. These are not split in groups for boxing, just pics of the material. This is mostly 3/4 and 4/4 material. the thicker stuff didn't have enough eyes to call BEM and will be used by me for something else. Wood was wetted with water. 20 bd. ft. I will add extras to each box to fill them. 4 LFRB available.

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/001-1.jpg

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/002.jpg

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/004.jpg

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/005.jpg

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/006.jpg

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/007.jpg

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/008.jpg

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/009.jpg

http://i45.Rule #2/albums/f52/pinkygalini/010.jpg
 
:drinks: I sure hope there's some left by the time it's my turn; that is some gorgeous stuff. If you don't mind my asking, what are you asking for a box shipped?
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #8
scrimman said:
:drinks: I sure hope there's some left by the time it's my turn; that is some gorgeous stuff. If you don't mind my asking, what are you asking for a box shipped?

$6.50 a bd. ft. plus whatever a LFRB cost.
 
Here's the ones I want for sure. How many boxes would these fill a little over 2, or more likely 3? If it will not quite take 3 I want to also choose the board on the far right of the second pic below, making a total of 4 boards from that group. I really have no idea how much wood I've selected without knowing the dimensions. Thanks for offering these I have never had an appreciable amount of BEM before just small bits. I'm stoked I finally get first shot at something!!!

:irishjig: :yipee::irishjig:
:yipee::irishjig::yipee:
[attachment=9082]

[attachment=9083]

[attachment=9084]

[attachment=9085]

001-1.webp

005.webp

007.webp

009.webp
 
Don't anyone start picking boards I'm not done until I figure out how much more room there might be. I am usually a pushover with y'all but I am standing my ground on these! I have a very specific project in mind.

:lolol:
 
Just take your time and do it right is what I say; I'm waiting for Pinky to tell me 'go' before I do a thing. Might not happen, but I'm good with that. I just got here after all......
Oh...and what project did you have in mind for all this wonderous stuff?
 
scrimman said:
Just take your time and do it right is what I say; I'm waiting for Pinky to tell me 'go' before I do a thing. Might not happen, but I'm good with that. I just got here after all......
Oh...and what project did you have in mind for all this wonderous stuff?

Don't worry I did not pick all the good ones although I wanted to. I am going to make a kitchen set for my wife and mom. Breadbox, cutting board, rolling pin (will have to lam it), spice rack, napkin holder, utensil hanger, several types spoons and ladel etc. and anything else I can conjur up to make a really nice accessory set. The spice rack will have book-matched doors.


:irishjig:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #13
Kevin said:
scrimman said:
Just take your time and do it right is what I say; I'm waiting for Pinky to tell me 'go' before I do a thing. Might not happen, but I'm good with that. I just got here after all......
Oh...and what project did you have in mind for all this wonderous stuff?

Don't worry I did not pick all the good ones although I wanted to. I am going to make a kitchen set for my wife and mom. Breadbox, rolling pin (will have to lam it), spice rack, napkin holder, utensil hanger, several types spoons and ladel etc. and anything else I can conjur up to make a really nice accessory set. The spice rack will have book-matched doors.


:irishjig:

Kevin
So far, you have 7.55 bd. ft. You might want more.:biggrin: Are you planning flat rate boxes? Five of these boards are over 24" in length. From 34" to 48' If you go flat rate, would you want 24" cut and leftover or cut in half. For example on the 34" board... 2 pieces of 17" or 24" and 10".
 
pinky said:
Kevin said:
scrimman said:
Just take your time and do it right is what I say; I'm waiting for Pinky to tell me 'go' before I do a thing. Might not happen, but I'm good with that. I just got here after all......
Oh...and what project did you have in mind for all this wonderous stuff?

Don't worry I did not pick all the good ones although I wanted to. I am going to make a kitchen set for my wife and mom. Breadbox, rolling pin (will have to lam it), spice rack, napkin holder, utensil hanger, several types spoons and ladel etc. and anything else I can conjur up to make a really nice accessory set. The spice rack will have book-matched doors.


:irishjig:

Kevin
So far, you have 7.55 bd. ft. You might want more.:biggrin: Are you planning flat rate boxes? Five of these boards are over 24" in length. From 34" to 48' If you go flat rate, would you want 24" cut and leftover or cut in half. For example on the 34" board... 2 pieces of 17" or 24" and 10".

I have no idea which one is the 34" board, but 24 & 10 would work best. Okay let me pick some more to make 2 boxes. I've picked 3 more boards. If it doesn't make 2 boxes just fill the rest with whatever, if it is more than 2 then cut some of the least birdsie parts of the least birdsie boards.

[attachment=9093]
[attachment=9094]
[attachment=9095]
[attachment=9096]

Cool?

005.webp

007.webp

009.webp

001-1.webp
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #15
Kevin
You're at 12.3 bd. ft. I want to make you a deal and make sure you have enough material for your projects. The 2 boards in the first pic that you didn't pick are nicer than most of these. The pic just doesn't show it. I think you should grab them and the rest of the narrow stock just leaving the one wide board. Buying wood off pictures is not the easiest and I want to make sure you are happy. Keep in mind out of the boards you picked, the 11" wide board is cupped and 2 boards have a twist and one has a significant check. If you take the 5 remaining it will put you at 17 bd. ft. You can have it for $100 and the cost of 3 LFRBs. If not I will get it trimmed into 2 for $78. plus shipping.
 
I would like to have 3 boxes but probably don't need it all and I want to leave enough for the others.

pinky said:
Kevin
You're at 12.3 bd. ft. I want to make you a deal and make sure you have enough material for your projects. The 2 boards in the first pic that you didn't pick are nicer than most of these. The pic just doesn't show it. I think you should grab them and the rest of the narrow stock just leaving the one wide board....

I would like for you to select the boards for me to fill 2 boxes, and I trust your judgement as you can see what I was trying to accomplish, get the prettiest most busies ones. Which ever ones you select is fine and yes I would like to avoid the cupped one or else I would rip it into narrow boards for the rolling pin and smaller projects.

After you fill my boxes just let everyone else know which ones are left. Let me know how to pay you and thanks again I'm excited to get these.


:hi:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #17
Kevin said:
I would like to have 3 boxes but probably don't need it all and I want to leave enough for the others.

pinky said:
Kevin
You're at 12.3 bd. ft. I want to make you a deal and make sure you have enough material for your projects. The 2 boards in the first pic that you didn't pick are nicer than most of these. The pic just doesn't show it. I think you should grab them and the rest of the narrow stock just leaving the one wide board....

I would like for you to select the boards for me to fill 2 boxes, and I trust your judgement as you can see what I was trying to accomplish, get the prettiest most busies ones. Which ever ones you select is fine and yes I would like to avoid the cupped one or else I would rip it into narrow boards for the rolling pin and smaller projects.

After you fill my boxes just let everyone else know which ones are left. Let me know how to pay you and thanks again I'm excited to get these.


:hi:
I will fill 2 boxes. I will post a pic of the remaining stuff maybe tomorrow. A pm is on the way with paypal info.
Thanks John
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #18
scrimman said:
Just take your time and do it right is what I say; I'm waiting for Pinky to tell me 'go' before I do a thing. Might not happen, but I'm good with that. I just got here after all......
Oh...and what project did you have in mind for all this wonderous stuff?

Sean
I sent you a pm if you want the last box.
 
Ohhhhh....I got me a box today! nice stuff, pinky! Should be fun to play with.
 
Back
Top