**ENDED** cochinchin burl aka flamewood pricing?

Ancient Arborist

Member
Full Member
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Location
Arvada, Colorado
First name
Jonathan
I'm trying to figure out how to price this stuff, and the only reference I can find online is pen blanks at $5 each. This burl is on a 36" long log and is 19x16. It weighs around 130-150#. So my question is, if I cut this into reasonable thickness slabs 2-4" thick, what is my price. This stuff is beautiful and so rare that I can't even find any bigger than a pen blank. Any ideas guys?

attachment.webp
 
Ancient Arborist said:
I'm trying to figure out how to price this stuff, and the only reference I can find online is pen blanks at $5 each. This burl is on a 36" long log and is 19x16. It weighs around 130-150#. So my question is, if I cut this into reasonable thickness slabs 2-4" thick, what is my price. This stuff is beautiful and so rare that I can't even find any bigger than a pen blank. Any ideas guys?


I might be in for some at about $40-$45BF.
 
justturnin said:
Ancient Arborist said:
I'm trying to figure out how to price this stuff, and the only reference I can find online is pen blanks at $5 each. This burl is on a 36" long log and is 19x16. It weighs around 130-150#. So my question is, if I cut this into reasonable thickness slabs 2-4" thick, what is my price. This stuff is beautiful and so rare that I can't even find any bigger than a pen blank. Any ideas guys?


I might be in for some at about $40-$45BF.

:hi: Chris

I like your new signature :lolol::lolol:
 
Jonathan, If the resin pockets or voids aren't too bad you might be able to get up to $5 lb for milled pieces... less if there are several defects (which is common in these burls) I'd mill them with turners in mind when determining the thickness/width.
 
Back
Top