**ENDED** English walnut?????

I would probably also be interested in a large flat rate box with some 1" thick boards as well. You could make it of some of the 'plainer' stuff if you like (though I would like to get one board with some nice figure) as I plan on making celtic crosses out of 'em.
[attachment=9694]
After you take care of the guys who spoke up before me, please let me know what that would cost. I gotta know if I can swing it past the wife after buying that dado set last weekend......

small celtic.webp
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #22
i have been at it since yesterday, i have most of the large chunks cut up.

i have several large chunks of crotch with a ton of figure in it. and a crap load of large turning pieces of straight grain.

average size is around 6" thick by 15" by 15" some are smaller and i have some that are 10 plus thick of crotch./straight grain

I slabbed 3 of the larger parts of the trunk out. they are 4-5 in thick and 24 plus round. should make for some kick ass coffee tables.

I need sizes of what people want. who needs it resawn and who wants a large chunk.

I am getting my wax tomorrow and will hit as much as i can, i have a ton of cherry burl that is in need of it also. high figured wood comes first :treehugger::treehugger::treehugger:

i will also be sharing that. i can't hoard everything i am running out of room :wacko1:

here is what i have sawed up so far. i do have a full time job so i will try to get to this as quickly as possible!
thanks jeff




[attachment=9718]






[attachment=9719]





[attachment=9720]




[attachment=9721]

IMG_0111.webp

IMG_0112.webp

IMG_0114.webp

IMG_0115.webp
 
Great looking stuff! You done good. Like the ford tractor in the back ground too!:good::good2:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #24
got a few chunked out from the main crotch section. this stuff is really figured. i cut cross grain on the smaller ones. i will be cutting bowl blanks tomorrow.

this is a big chunk of wood
its 8 x 8 x 15" long and is pretty heavy. i really don't want to saw this up into smaller pieces.
i don't even know how i am going to ship this.
60$ plus shipping


the smaller ones are 3 x 3 x 9
25$ plus shipping




[attachment=9751]






[attachment=9752]




[attachment=9753]




[attachment=9754]




[attachment=9755]






[attachment=9756]



will have a ton more to come

IMG_0118.webp

IMG_0119.webp

IMG_0120.webp

IMG_0121.webp

IMG_0123.webp

IMG_0122.webp
 
Cut that big chunk in half to make two 4x8x15 for me and I'll buy it right now! Take care to allow for the best figure, please!:hi2:

Throw in a coupla 3x3x12 with matching or similar figure and we're really talkin'!:drinks:

Lemme know how much and where to send it.:cool:

p

Oops!
I hope I didn't step out of bounds on this...
Apologies, if so...
Take care of the first callers 'afore me, please!
 
:hi:

I have no idea where I am in the waiting line (that's the seller's job :mocking::mocking: ) but I'll take a few 6"x 6" or larger in any lengths greater than 8". :pleasantry::pleasantry: The more figure and character the better :good2::good2:

:jtaew: :woodfix: :hookup: :drinks::drinks:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #28
NYWoodturner or JimmyTheWoodworker get first crack at these but this is less than 1/2 of the first 1/4 of the main crotch section of the tree so there will be plenty more where this came from!

Paul what are you looking for those sizes? i can accommodate any size at this time. it would have killed me to cut that baby up:tree hugger:

i should be sawing tonight, i have some waxing to do, i finally got my anchor seal and i have a ton of burl in trash bags with water in them so they didn't check on me:loll: i should be able to saw something up for you tonight.
 
Jeff - Thanks - If I understand the thread correctly the 8x8x15 is still open. I will take that. If someone else has a compelling need speak up. I'm only getting it because its beautiful and I'm greedy. If no one speaks up - send me a total with shipping and we will get it a new home ! Zip code 10998.
Thanks - Scott
 
Jeff- I would like to compliment you on trying to keep order of requests straight. Considering that this thread started one way and you then all of a sudden have an onslaught of requests along with that pesky job of yours takin up so much time.:dash2::dash2::dash2::dash2: Just thought I would say good on YA.:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee: PS VERY VERY nice wood also.
 
brown down said:
NYWoodturner or JimmyTheWoodworker get first crack at these but this is less than 1/2 of the first 1/4 of the main crotch section of the tree so there will be plenty more where this came from!

Paul what are you looking for those sizes? i can accommodate any size at this time. it would have killed me to cut that baby up:tree hugger:

i should be sawing tonight, i have some waxing to do, i finally got my anchor seal and i have a ton of burl in trash bags with water in them so they didn't check on me:loll: i should be able to saw something up for you tonight.

My friends

I am in no hurry whatsoever. :pleasantry::pleasantry: It sure looks like there is a ton and more to go around. :good2: I'm giving up my present spot in line and go back to the spaceship for a while. When the demand cools off I'll jump back in the fray. :drinks: Yes it is gorgeous wood:yipee::yipee:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #32
heres one thats 8 by 8 by 17
has some awesome grain.
same price 60$
jimmy if you want this one and want to save on the shipping i don't know how far you are from union NJ?? you can meet me or i can just chuck it in the mail.


[attachment=9796]






[attachment=9797]





[attachment=9798]










[attachment=9799]










i will be posting some tomorrow of some blanks around 3" thick

Mike thanks
I get pissed off at people who cut lines in public. i believe this to be a great site, and the moment these rules are not followed will be the day i no longer deal with timber on this site. hopefully this will never happen. As long as everyone does there part, than this site will remain in great standing with me and other members!

IMG_0172.webp

IMG_0173.webp

IMG_0174.webp

IMG_0175.webp
 
brown down said:
heres one thats 8 by 8 by 17
has some awesome grain.
same price 60$
jimmy if you want this one and want to save on the shipping i don't know how far you are from union NJ?? you can meet me or i can just chuck it in the mail.





































i will be posting some tomorrow of some blanks around 3" thick

Mike thanks
I get pissed off at people who cut lines in public. i believe this to be a great site, and the moment these rules are not followed will be the day i no longer deal with timber on this site. hopefully this will never happen. As long as everyone does there part, than this site will remain in great standing with me and other members!

You are right -we are the sum total of all of us- get to many negs and poof It aint so hot. Just thought you should get recognized-Thanks, Mike
 
I don't have a clue as to where in line I stand, and am in no hurry, but would sure be interested in a couple platter blanks around 8/4 x 16x 16 or whatever you can get close to this size.
 
jimmythewoodworker said:
brown down said:
NYWoodturner or JimmyTheWoodworker get first crack at these but this is less than 1/2 of the first 1/4 of the main crotch section of the tree so there will be plenty more where this came from!

Paul what are you looking for those sizes? i can accommodate any size at this time. it would have killed me to cut that baby up:tree hugger:

i should be sawing tonight, i have some waxing to do, i finally got my anchor seal and i have a ton of burl in trash bags with water in them so they didn't check on me:loll: i should be able to saw something up for you tonight.

My friends

I am in no hurry whatsoever. :pleasantry::pleasantry: It sure looks like there is a ton and more to go around. :good2: I'm giving up my present spot in line and go back to the spaceship for a while. When the demand cools off I'll jump back in the fray. :drinks: Yes it is gorgeous wood:yipee::yipee:

Add me to the "absolutely no hurry" list!:drinks:

I'll be using the blanks for gunstocks, so need blanks to be +/- 8"x15-18" and 3" thick...:hi:

p
 
brown down said:
heres one thats 8 by 8 by 17
has some awesome grain.
same price 60$
jimmy if you want this one and want to save on the shipping i don't know how far you are from union NJ?? you can meet me or i can just chuck it in the mail.

































i will be posting some tomorrow of some blanks around 3" thick

Mike thanks
I get pissed off at people who cut lines in public. i believe this to be a great site, and the moment these rules are not followed will be the day i no longer deal with timber on this site. hopefully this will never happen. As long as everyone does there part, than this site will remain in great standing with me and other members!

:hi: B-D

I'm in central NJ close to Princeton. If nobody else wants this piece I would be very happy to feast on it. For shipping do you have a FedEx account?? FedEx is by far the cheapest way to ship these larger pieces.

Let's give it until the end of today to see if someone else might want this beautiful chunk. If not it's mine all mine :biggrin::biggrin:

Jimmy
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #37
I still have to put a few more coats of wax on these.
i am going to call fed ex and see how i go about setting up an account with them.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #39
i called them and set it up.
thanks again mike it most certainly will be cheaper!

NY and Jimmy i pm me your address and i will get you a final price
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #40
NY and Jimmy i will get your packages out on tuesday.

I have some other stuff sawed up.
for some stupid reason and i would bet most of you don't have these either on most of your equipment and i am still baffled as to why.

my bandsaw is hooked up 208 v. i am bogging down on the slow end of my saw. my motor was getting hot as hell. so i stopped and started to see why. no reason for 1 1/2 hp motor at 208v to be bogging down like that.
come to find out that they didn't add Thermal protection on the motor. a simple bi metallic switch, that protects the motor from such actions.

rikon is going to warranty it but that doesn't change the fact.

I really can only cut for a short period of time before she stops
i am going to run the motor till she starts smoking :rotflmao3:

If anyone has equipment that they run a lot under constant load, i would make sure you have thermal overload protection on the supply.


that being said, i will try to fill these orders as soon as possible
 
Back
Top