*ended* For sale - Hollow form blanks or large vase- Maple

JD1137

Member
Full Member
Messages
2,491
Reaction score
6,435
Location
Illinois
First name
John
A couple bigger pieces of Norway Maple with some figure. I recently posted some pics of a bowl (crazy figure) I roughed out from the same tree. I’m not saying these will be as crazy curly as the bowl, as the bowl was exceptional

I just cut these recently (they are not extremely wet anyway) and end-grain sealed.

Each piece will yield at least (2) hollow forms or one big Vase.

Dimensions and prices shown on each piece - plus shipping. I can cross-cut each piece if that helps any potential buyer.

Number 1:

IMG_7688.webp IMG_7689.webp IMG_7690.webp IMG_7691.webp IMG_7696.webp IMG_7697.webp
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
Decided to get started on a vase from this Norway Maple.

I figured once @Alancw and @Phil.H saw how pretty this wood was, they’d jump all over it. (great sales technique ) LOL

(Oh and - cuts like butter too :sarcastic:)

Dry and wet pics

IMG_7703.webp IMG_7705.webp
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
I was looking! Maxed out on my wood purchases for a while. Laptop is dying...
Thanks Phil - I knew you were having a good time working on hollow forms and this wood, being green, is cutting really well, so that's why I tagged you.

(BTW - those bowl blanks made it to the Post Office yesterday) - thanks, John
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #9
Going to re-post No. 1 so it's on-hold for now.
 
Back
Top