**ENDED** Free Birch

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Full Member
Messages
9,267
Reaction score
10,317
Location
Orange County New York
First name
Scott
I lost a birch tree in the storm. Just cut it up this morning. I really don't do much with birch so I thought I would offer it up here. Its free - all you have to do is pay shipping. As much or as little as you need.

Birch is what most wooden spoons are made from, so it will make good utilitarian kitchenware. (Twig it would probably make some great hand hewn bowls). The wood is green. Sizes go up to about 11 or 12" in diameter.
I can square it up into blanks if you don't want it in the round - I just snapped these pics for quick reference

I'll leave it posted here for a few days, then it goes to the neighbor for firewood.

Scott
[attachment=13111]
[attachment=13112]
[attachment=13113]
[attachment=13114]
Hudson - Watching carefully for the perfect stick !

Birch1.webp

Birch2.webp

Birch3.webp

Hudson.webp
 
Wonderful and what a deal thanks!! I will take whatever you can get boxed up. Thankyou so much!!
 
Great looking stick watcher........oh and wood too! :biggrin:
 
He's a good boy. I showed him to Cleo, I think she's sweet on him. Tell Hudson she's fixed too. :wink:
 
NYWoodturner said:
I lost a birch tree in the storm. Just cut it up this morning. I really don't do much with birch so I thought I would offer it up here. Its free - all you have to do is pay shipping. As much or as little as you need.

Birch is what most wooden spoons are made from, so it will make good utilitarian kitchenware. (Twig it would probably make some great hand hewn bowls). The wood is green. Sizes go up to about 11 or 12" in diameter.
I can square it up into blanks if you don't want it in the round - I just snapped these pics for quick reference

I'll leave it posted here for a few days, then it goes to the neighbor for firewood.

Scott




Hudson - Watching carefully for the perfect stick !

Would you consider filling a LFRB with four 6x6x5 (or there about) blanks? I understand completely if you're not interested in the extra work. If so, I can PayPal the funds.

Thanks
Scott
 
kaetamer said:
Would you consider filling a LFRB with four 6x6x5 (or there about) blanks? I understand completely if you're not interested in the extra work. If so, I can PayPal the funds.

Thanks
Scott

:no dice. more please: I don't want to stick my nose where it don't belong but maybe give him a little incentive. A little extra work deserves a little extra something eh? :pleasantry:

Giving is fun especially to a giver like Scott. Damn you're both Scott and both givers this could get confusing. . . . .
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
kaetamer said:
NYWoodturner said:
I lost a birch tree in the storm. Just cut it up this morning. I really don't do much with birch so I thought I would offer it up here. Its free - all you have to do is pay shipping. As much or as little as you need.

Birch is what most wooden spoons are made from, so it will make good utilitarian kitchenware. (Twig it would probably make some great hand hewn bowls). The wood is green. Sizes go up to about 11 or 12" in diameter.
I can square it up into blanks if you don't want it in the round - I just snapped these pics for quick reference

I'll leave it posted here for a few days, then it goes to the neighbor for firewood.

Scott




Hudson - Watching carefully for the perfect stick !

Would you consider filling a LFRB with four 6x6x5 (or there about) blanks? I understand completely if you're not interested in the extra work. If so, I can PayPal the funds.

Thanks
Scott

Scott - No problem. I'd be glad to. It will be Wednesday before I can get them ready to ship though.
 
I think Kevin is right about the effort Scott is going to here. Scott, I will be glad to make you a bowl in return for your generosity. If you like to hunt maybe a turkey call. Let me know which you would like
 
Back
Top