ENDED Mahogany big spindle

Jonkou

Member
Full Member
Messages
3,006
Reaction score
8,620
Location
Alton Bay NH
First name
John
Years dry defect free. Will wrap in cardboard and tape for shipping at 10 lbs, can calculate USPS shipping from 03810 NH. $25 cash or check only plus shipping.

IMG_8561.jpeg IMG_8562.jpeg IMG_8563.jpeg IMG_8564.jpeg IMG_8565.jpeg IMG_8566.jpeg IMG_8567.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Guitar neck?
Yup. It is tad heavier than what I want for mahogany and I try to stay at 3 lbs. per board foot (this is 3.4 lbs. per bd. ft). But, I do prefer denser and stiffer neck. I find it more articulate, more focused with better note separations for leads and more instrumental work. My criteria would be different density wise for flat strumming and for vocal accompaniment. I won’t know until I get it in hand and whether it will go toward acoustic steel string or electric (solid body or hollow body). It is quartered and I have to re-saw it so it is close to being quarter sawn. Doing so will give me slightly better interlocked grain and flakes on the quarter sawn surface:

IMG_1250.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top