**ENDED** Manzanita and buckeye burl blanks..maybe good for the pot call guys?

rockb

rockbswesternwoods.com
In Memoriam
Messages
801
Reaction score
771
Location
Redding, CA
First name
Rocky
Hey Guys, Here are a few small blocks that I cut especially for the turkey pot call makers although there may be a few...hundred.....other uses for 'em too. Dimensions and prices below. Hard to set prices for "friends"......I consider all you guys "friends I haven't met yet"... but we all have common interests. I posted a few blocks but there are some more on my website. http://www.rockbswesternwoods.com/buckeye.html
Pics of the buckeye were taken in full sunlight.....overexposed but you get the idea.

Look for the manzanita slabs here: http://www.rockbswesternwoods.com/manzanita.html

These manzanita slabs could make some good knife handles or gun grips too.....some solid wood outside the circles...very nice little slabs for manzanita.

If you see one or two you like, reply through this thread and we'll get together by PM.

B80, $8.00, measures 7/8 x 3 15/16 x 4 1/8".

[attachment=8352]

[attachment=8353]


B81, $8.00, measures 1 x 4 x 4".

[attachment=8354]

[attachment=8355]


B82, $8.00, measures 7/8 x 4 x 4".

[attachment=8356]

[attachment=8357]

MZ179, $10.00, measures 1 x 5 x 8". When you see the 1 3/8 written on the block I'm gonna fall back on the "Twinkie defense"...not the "gettin old" defense". :dash2: The circle is really 4 3/8 wide.

[attachment=8358]

MZ180, $10.00, measures 1 x 4 1/2 x 8". Penciled circle is 4 3/8 wide.

[attachment=8359]

Guess that's it guys.......Thanks...Rocky

b80b[1].webp

b80c[1].webp

b81b[1].webp

b81c[1].webp

b82b[1].webp

b82c[1].webp

mz179b[1].webp

mz180b[1].webp
 
I will take what's left. Or just the manzanita slabs.

Pm me total I am paypal ready.

Bill
 
aerocustomsexotics said:
I will take what's left. Or just the manzanita slabs.

Pm me total I am paypal ready.

Bill

Whatever's left in here? or his website? :teethlaugh: that could be a pretty big paypal payment that rock would love to get...lol
i'm kidding...really.
:rotflmao3:
 
Clarification just what it is remaining in your offer...... Not your whole haord.

Bill:lolol:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
aerocustomsexotics said:
I will take what's left. Or just the manzanita slabs.

Pm me total I am paypal ready.

Bill
PM in your box Bill......thank you very much.
Rocky
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
daugher12 said:
Rock,

I'll take 179 and 180

PM in your box John......thank you very much.
Rocky
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #8
aerocustomsexotics said:
Clarification just what it is remaining in your offer...... Not your whole haord.

Bill:lolol:
Rats.....I was already dressed for dinner at Red Lobster.... :sarcastic:

Maybe some other time.... ; )
Rocky
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #11
lion6255 said:
Got any buck eye thats about 3" in a cube? Bigger OK but not smaller?

I'm gonna be "whacking" on a few slabs this afternoon. Mostly 5" blocks though as that's such a good "generic" dimension. Will make some 3"ers though if possible. Thanks for the inquiry.
Rocky
 
rockb said:
lion6255 said:
Got any buck eye thats about 3" in a cube? Bigger OK but not smaller?

I'm gonna be "whacking" on a few slabs this afternoon. Mostly 5" blocks though as that's such a good "generic" dimension. Will make some 3"ers though if possible. Thanks for the inquiry.
Rocky

Hey That would be great if I could grab a couple of #3 cubed or I can cut if you want.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #13
lion6255 said:
rockb said:
lion6255 said:
Got any buck eye thats about 3" in a cube? Bigger OK but not smaller?

I'm gonna be "whacking" on a few slabs this afternoon. Mostly 5" blocks though as that's such a good "generic" dimension. Will make some 3"ers though if possible. Thanks for the inquiry.
Rocky

Hey That would be great if I could grab a couple of #3 cubed or I can cut if you want.
The slabs i'm working on are only two inches thick so the 3x3x3 aren't gonna happen. I should have made that more clear about the 5" blocks.......they'll be 5 square by 2" thick.....sorry 'bout that. Will keep a look out for more in the future though......when I get 'em, I"ll post 'em........thanks for your note... Rocky
 
Rocky, the Manzanita came today and all I can say is WOW! These will be a couple of outstanding calls!:good:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #15
daugher12 said:
Rocky, the Manzanita came today and all I can say is WOW! These will be a couple of outstanding calls!:good:
Hey John, glad they made it and glad you like 'em. Those were pretty good little slabs. Got a few more waitin' in the wings.....just gotta find the time to post 'em.. Thanks for the note, Rocky
 
Hey Rocky,
I am getting ready for one of those as well. Can use the ones with minimal checking the best, kinda looking for something close to 1 1/2 x 12x 12 . Keep me in mind if you get a good one.
Dave
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #17
David Van Asperen said:
Hey Rocky,
I am getting ready for one of those as well. Can use the ones with minimal checking the best, kinda looking for something close to 1 1/2 x 12x 12 . Keep me in mind if you get a good one.
Dave
Hey Dave, I"ll certainly do that......12 x12's of good quality manzanita is pretty hard to come by, especially with the minimal checking. I hope to get into making some more when my "day job" tapers off a bit. Good to hear from you again.....(btw, have made close to 600 crosses up to now)
Stay in touch,
Rocky
 
Wow what a revival you haave going with your white cross project. You are about 599 ahead of me. I understand on the 12x12 size. I am not really that stuck on the size. Will most likely be a top for a box that is not designed yet so am pretty easy to get along with. Like your buckeye slabs. i have a chunk that I am playing around with but keep looking at your site, seem to get there the day after you sell one.
Take care be safe and stay in touch.
I finally got a chainsaw mill so will get to play with some urban wood reclaimed from the landfill.
Dave
 
Back
Top