**ENDED** Platter or P-Mill Blanks or ???

Kevin

Wood is good.
Founding Member
In Memoriam
Messages
30,914
Reaction score
37,294
Location
Texas
First name
Kevin
After today's milling I have this very nice 12/4 x 12" x 65" extra slab of fire sitting on the mill. I can sell as is, mill into PM blanks and or crosscut some shallow bowl/deep platter blanks or some combination thereof.

[attachment=10536]

PM0911FBEa.webp
 
Kevin said:
After today's milling I have this very nice 12/4 x 12" x 65" extra slab of fire sitting on the mill. I can sell as is, mill into PM blanks and or crosscut some shallow bowl/deep platter blanks or some combination thereof.

purty purty and purty
 
Nice looking stuff, Kevin!

This is probably a stupid question, but I have to ask... See the top, right hand corner of that slab where the white is soooo white? Will the darker areas(brown) near the center and lower parts of the slab eventually go white too? I thought maybe the color was related to moisture content sort of like green walnut with its yellows and greens. Just wondering...
 
Hi Kevin, It looks to me like starting from the bottom it might make, peppermills, then 2 platter cuts that could become peppermills , then anything anyone wanted. At least it looks like that would work for the inclusions. Nice looking, hell, great looking wood.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
burlguy72 said:
Kevin,, how much for 6 Peppermill Blanks.. If you dont sell as is,, I wouldnt mind puttin some of that on the lathe.. or,, a trade for some for some BAB PM's..

PM comin . . .
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
DKMD said:
. . . sort of like green walnut with its yellows and greens. Just wondering...

Nope. I can see what you're asking but it's not like BW at all in that regard. The white stays white and the Reds/golds/greens/ etc. stay that way also. Of course they will fade over time depending on the amount of UV and air the surfaces get unless stabilized - and of course you cannot afford to stabilize large pieces like this unless you're a doctor or a banker etc.

:biggrin:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #8
Vern the two areas in the middle of the board are not inclusion but the very edge of where there was heart rot. I know they look somewhat deep but they are so shallow as to be insignificant. If PM blanks I'll arrange then toward the edges, and the one on the bottom will just be trimmed off.

:greeting:
 
:wacko1::wacko1: Morning Kevin, if there is any left, could you give me an idea of price for a lfrb pc, 12x12. Its beautiful timber and I'm thinking one heck of a nice platter:good::good: thanks, have a great day Rich
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #10
Patrude said:
:wacko1::wacko1: Morning Kevin, if there is any left, could you give me an idea of price for a lfrb pc, 12x12. Its beautiful timber and I'm thinking one heck of a nice platter:good::good: thanks, have a great day Rich

I'm waiting on a tire or I would already be logging. :dash2: I should have some more logs by this evening. I have to get my last pallet loaded and strapped (Dean your's is going out with the others) and then I can cut a log or two for my WB friends so it may be this weekend on yours Rich.

:hatsoff:
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #11
burlguy72 said:
Kevin said:
DKMD said:
. . . sort of like green walnut with its yellows and greens. Just wondering...

Nope. I can see what you're asking but it's not like BW at all in that regard. The white stays white and the Reds/golds/greens/ etc. stay that way also. Of course they will fade over time depending on the amount of UV and air the surfaces get unless stabilized - and of course you cannot afford to stabilize large pieces like this unless you're a doctor or a banker etc.

:biggrin:

Umm,, not sure,, but I think he is a doctor:good2:

Well sort of. He's more like a woodworker on bones. A Boneworker I guess you could say. :mocking:


:teethlaugh:
 
Kevin said:
DKMD said:
. . . sort of like green walnut with its yellows and greens. Just wondering...

Nope. I can see what you're asking but it's not like BW at all in that regard. The white stays white and the Reds/golds/greens/ etc. stay that way also. Of course they will fade over time depending on the amount of UV and air the surfaces get unless stabilized - and of course you cannot afford to stabilize large pieces like this unless you're a doctor or a banker etc.

:biggrin:

Yea, I was going to have the entire board stabilized or maybe an entire tree...:read::nea:
 
Kevin,

I would like to ask if there is any more of the flame? If there is I'd like to request for a chunk for a bowl, a platter, and 5pen blanks?

Thank you,

Rex
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #15
RexB said:
Kevin,

I would like to ask if there is any more of the flame? If there is I'd like to request for a chunk for a bowl, a platter, and 5pen blanks?

Thank you,

Rex

Sure thing Rex I'll PM you.

:greeting:
 
There seems to be a lot of reply's and it is hard to figure what is left. Please let me know what you might have in P'mill stock. I like to purchase larger quantities, 20 or more.

Thanks
Jim
 
Back
Top