**ENDED** Poorly identified exotics for...??

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Trades have been a little slow here lately. I have a few poorly identified woods here, figured it might make interesting trade bait - all fancy material, just off on ID. Here is...

A board that came to me labelled "Rosewood ?". Smells lightly spicy, don't know. 20 x 5 x 1"

A board labelled "somekinda rosewood". Maybe honduran? 19.5 x 4.5 x 1"

A dark wood from a mixed batch of gaboon and macassar ebony that doesn't look like either to me. 22.5 x 2.25 x 1.375".

A dark wood with purple undertones from a batch of African blackwood. Glassy tone, smells right, lighter in weight than blackwood, not intense enough for bois de rose. 11 x 1.5 x 1.5"

Dark, heavy wood, no idea. 11.5 x 2 x 2"

Small piece that looks and smells like non instrument quality Brazilian rosewood to me, but who knows. 13 x 1 x 0.375"

Looking to trade for one chunk of something fancy and unusual - I am a sucker for woods I've never tried before.

20191025_004304.jpg

20191025_004335.jpg

Leroy Blue

Reaction score
First name
Boyd
Please slow down your moving a little to fast!
-The speed of light is 670,616,629 mph
-The speed of Sound is 767 mph
-The speed of Wood up for trade maybe a week?

Last edited:

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, but also a drag on my time to keep checking an offer w no interest. Don't feel it's right to post and then not pay attention. So I tend to give it a weekend and move on - just my way of balancing.

Sent you a pm - post something up and we'll sort it out!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Yeah, but also a drag on my time to keep checking an offer w no interest. Don't feel it's right to post and then not pay attention. So I tend to give it a weekend and move on - just my way of balancing.

Sent you a pm - post something up and we'll sort it out!

Brian, you don't have to waste time checking it, you should get an email alert if someone replies to the thread.

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait...you mean you expect me to check my email, too?

I get it. Just have a shorter attention span than some, I guess.

Last edited: