**ENDED** spalted ambrosia sunburst stock

davduckman2010

were ever you go-- there you are
Full Member
Messages
4,839
Reaction score
5,607
Location
oberlin ohio
First name
david
cleaning up were the loggers left wood found what was left of the sunburst tree. started to spalt just adds to its beuty. slight check in pith . have three logs im getting rid of big ones going on a pallet of logs to dean jorden. will cut into square blocks or sell hole log there 15 / 16 / 19 tall 11 x 12 average across let me know if interested. duckman 50.00 plus shipping

28550356c141fd591345678356.webp

60150356c14e41d01345678356.webp

76050356c154eb281345678357.webp

33350356c15ae65a1345678357.webp

67950356c148469b1345678356.webp
 
I wish I had the money; and room for one of those logs, but recently helped take down my uncle's tree, and now have no room due to a new collection of spalted birch. The sound of a tree hitting the ground must be one of the greatest sounds that can be made. Not very "dense" spalting, but at least some has appeared in each bowl blank I've cut. I need to get more pictures uploaded; my dad just doesn't like the idea of a brand new camera in a room of flying wood shavings and spinning pieces of wood.
 
Dan.S.314 said:
my dad just doesn't like the idea of a brand new camera in a room of flying wood shavings and spinning pieces of wood.
I'm not real crazy about my camera in the shop for the same reasons. I set mine up on a tripod and leave it just outside the shop door. when I want to take a pic I open the door and get the camera, snap a pic, then put it back outside the door. Another thing that will make dad happy, get your own camera, then you can set it up the way you want it and leave it that way and everyones happy. It took me awhile to realize that a camera is just another tool. Camera prices have come way down and quality has come way up, got mine off amazon, try searching there for a great deal. you really don't need a top of the line camera, alot of people here post with phone pics now.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #5
hey dean dont worry got your pallet started putin a variety pack together for ya ill pm you soon duckman:good:
 
beautiful wood!
out of curiosity, i have seen a few times a couple members go pallet size...
this to me sounds outrageous. How much do those things usually go for shipping? I always thought is was by the pound.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
dont know have not sent one yet. i have to talk to dean to get all the details i know they use unishippers to send them . they will pick it up at your location . will find out soon though. duckman
 
It depends on weight and mileage. The most I ever paid to ship a 4' x 4' pallet was $600 but it was loaded high and heavy. It went to Delaware. The least I have ever paid is under $100 to the interior of Texas. It just varies but if you go through some brokers yes it *is* outrageous. Shopping around is the key.


But think about it. I sell pallets of FBE to wholesale vendors for at least $10 less than retail. An average pallet of cants will be 384 board feet. At just $10 less per board feet that's $3840 less than retail. Does even $500 in shipping sound expensive now?
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #9
Kevin said:
It depends on weight and mileage. The most I ever paid to ship a 4' x 4' pallet was $600 but it was loaded high and heavy. It went to Delaware. The least I have ever paid is under $100 to the interior of Texas. It just varies but if you go through some brokers yes it *is* outrageous. Shopping around is the key.


But think about it. I sell pallets of FBE to wholesale vendors for at least $10 less than retail. An average pallet of cants will be 384 board feet. At just $10 less per board feet that's $3840 less than retail. Does even $500 in shipping sound expensive now?

kevin how many cants do you get on a 4x4 pallet.
 
The_Architect_23 said:
beautiful wood!
out of curiosity, i have seen a few times a couple members go pallet size...
this to me sounds outrageous. How much do those things usually go for shipping? I always thought is was by the pound.
the last shippment I received from The Rebuilds was about 350$ for about 1000lbs of wood. Pallets are good for me I get the large pieces i need(want) the seller does not have to mill anything and the wood can be less expensive that way.
 
davduckman2010 said:
hey dean dont worry got your pallet started putin a variety pack together for ya ill pm you soon duckman:good:
Remember you dont have to cut them in cants whole logs are preferred 12-16 in diam 30-48in long
Thanks
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #13
dean jordan said:
I keep looking at those logs. Do you still have them? If so you can throw them on my pallet

im dragin them up tommorow dean ill get them strap down and pm you for details duck :drinks:
 
Hey Dave,
How much for a LFRB cookie if this stuff? Assuming you still have some with this great color.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #15
:hi2: 20.00 and shipping will do it. got a couple short logs left. duck
 
davduckman2010 said:
:hi2: 20.00 and shipping will do it. got a couple short logs left. duck

Sorry for the delay. Lets do it. The more bursty the more betterere. Where do I send the $$
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #18
amberjack said:
i am interstead in the spalted ambrosia sunburst stock do u still have any left please let me know thank you

still have some amberjack
 
Hey duck- when you send off Deans load will you let me know what that freight bill is? Thanks M
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #20
mike he got a quote from unishipper 233.00 for 500 lbs 80,00 xtra to pick up here at home. weighing logs tommorow ill let ya know duck
 
Back
Top