I’m getting around to posting some of the spalted Silver maple blanks for sale. I had posted a couple of finished pieces from this same tree recently. My experience is “it’s all good” / solid and nice colors. The surfaces don’t look like much, but you can see all the colors and spalting on the edges.
I have a few sizes to post, but wanted to start with the biggest pieces. These (3) are all at least 13 x 2”. Hopefully you can read the sizes on the blanks. All are in good shape. The one on the bottom (I call it no. 1) has a very shallow scar on the bottom (which you should be able to see in the pic) related being rough-sawn wood. Shouldn’t matter to the finished product. Priced at $36/each plus shipping.
There was some interest from members when I posted in the “woodturners finished project” and they have first dibs:
@Mike Hill (did you want any Mike?)
@JLTibbetts
@Alancw
@Jonkou wanted in on the 6” diameter, but these only push up to 2.25” John do not sure if they are thick enough for you.
Other sizes to follow in a separate thread. Thanks.
I have a few sizes to post, but wanted to start with the biggest pieces. These (3) are all at least 13 x 2”. Hopefully you can read the sizes on the blanks. All are in good shape. The one on the bottom (I call it no. 1) has a very shallow scar on the bottom (which you should be able to see in the pic) related being rough-sawn wood. Shouldn’t matter to the finished product. Priced at $36/each plus shipping.
There was some interest from members when I posted in the “woodturners finished project” and they have first dibs:
@Mike Hill (did you want any Mike?)
@JLTibbetts
@Alancw
@Jonkou wanted in on the 6” diameter, but these only push up to 2.25” John do not sure if they are thick enough for you.
Other sizes to follow in a separate thread. Thanks.