**ENDED**Turkey Pot Call #6...starting bid is $20.00

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
You mean I scared Rodney away. And I was ready for some more summer sausage.:scare3::scare3:

We're in winter Ray, fresh made summer sausage is out of season you'll have to settle for that chemical crap at Hickory Farms.

:scare3:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Beware! I really. really like this call. :sofa:

I asked Marc how this call sounded and was shocked to learn the following: he said it was BY FAR the WORST sounding call he's ever heard. He said it sounds like a rhinoceros flatulating. He also said he had to do some serious trick lighting and even some photo shopping to hide the numerous and severely disgusting flaws in the wood and finish. He said it had more tool marks than Mother Theresa had wrinkles. The workmanship was so shoddy he actually had to re-glue the glass back on just to test it - and the glass has a hairline crack which makes a buzzing sound like a wood bee when scratched. So this call might attract gassy rhinos and wood bees but for turkeys . . . .

He also said for some reason it reeks like a opossum crawling out of a maggot-riddled buffalo carcass. I can't in clear conscience allow anyone to bid on this awful call without warning them first about the details. I'm too honest for that.

P.S. A little known fact about the call maker; he's a closet practitioner in the dark arts and has been known to put his most powerful spells on calls just for grins - anyone taking possession of this call will be forever vexed in all forms of hunting and their weenie will rot off.

skullbones.png

:coffeenews:

JR Custom Calls

Gobble Gobble
Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
and the glass has a hairline crack
Funny you should say that... as it actually did. Except it was some thick hair line cracks haha. Used a little too much clamping pressure on the first glue up, and had forgotten that crystal was a little easier to break than glass.

http://i1024.Rule #2/albums/y306/jrcustomcalls/D9FC1D64-8C8F-48A9-B611-5DC569CAB527_zpsklld9rr2.jpg

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Thanks Kevin for the warning. Too late now though. Guess I may be stuck with it. No ick-ery farms summer sausage for me. I heard a rhinoceros flatulating at the zoo one time, makes chills run up your spine.

JR Custom Calls

Gobble Gobble
Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
Yep, I replaced it before I sent it to Marc. Took forever to scrape all the glue off so it didn't look nasty. And I'll agree with Kevin, the finish is pretty terrible.

http://i1024.Rule #2/albums/y306/jrcustomcalls/95CBF29A-D396-4E18-BA25-48CF28ADADFC_zpstpkhaa2k.jpg

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
This is not fair. No one believes me. I hate turkey calls anyway.

:depressed:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh sure...drag me through this...I see how it is....:sarcastic:

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Oh well Kevin, maybe next year there might be a Duck Call competition and auction.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, it was your idea to make me post all this after all.

airplane-sniffing-glue.jpg

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
Sounds like a lot of troubles with this call. I may have to think about bidding on it. Although I do have some extra crystal in the shop and the wennie rotting is not a problem at my age. As for the possum I lost my ability to smell 8 years ago from using airplane glue. My wife tells me if a call looks perfect then it is not homemade, so the finish is not a big concern. I am a little concerned about having a spell put on me but sometimes I think my wife is a little witchy and she may be able to reverse the spell.

P.S. After all this thinking I have to maybe think about bidding again:sarcastic: