**ENDED** Walnut Log Section - Small

BangleGuy

Reaction score
First name
Eric
Here is a walnut log section, it measures 5.5" x 70" x 9" to 11". This Walnut is available for sale or trade. I bought this from a tree service fellow who cut down the dead walnut trees in the mid '80's. I have had them stored indoors for the past 20 years. The Walnut is from Western Colorado and has more variegated tones of reds, black and lighter streaks. This piece weighs 80# and checked 0% MC with the meter. I don't believe the MC is zero, but they are dry.

As can be seen ,the log section is not square and has a curvature on one side. I sanded the end and coated it with a little poly. One end has about a 10" cut from the wood mill,

Let me know what you think,

Eric :good2:

[attachment=2568][attachment=2565][attachment=2566][attachment=2567][attachment=2564][attachment=2563][attachment=2569]

tn_DSC00119.JPG

tn_DSC00117.JPG

tn_DSC00118.JPG

tn_DSC00120.JPG

tn_DSC00121.JPG

tn_DSC00128.JPG

tn_DSC00125.JPG

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I'm interested in this piece for myself or for Roy if he can use it. If he can I'll defer to him I see some good figure let's discuss a trade. What would you consider do you like wood with lots of red flames in it?

BangleGuy

Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kevin said:
I'm interested in this piece for myself or for Roy if he can use it. If he can I'll defer to him I see some good figure let's discuss a trade. What would you consider do you like wood with lots of red flames in it?

Kevin,

I am just starting a business making wood jewelry, especially wood bangles. So I have been buying rosewood and other exotic, dense woods. I am also getting geared up for wood stabilization, so really cool wood (like wood with red flames) sounds interesting. This is a honkin' piece of walnut, so I am unsure about its value. I figure there is about 17 bf in this piece.

Let me know what you think,

Eric :good2:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
bigcouger said:
:no dice. more please: Go for it Kevin I need bigger pictures :pleasantry::greeting: an Ill wait for the next one :rofl2::lol::yipee::greeting:

I can't use it right away Roy. If you might wait for the bigger pictures I was just trying to snag it for your eagles if it'll work. Heck I am always looking for eagle wood now and I don't even know how to carve a beak! :shout:

:yipee:

BangleGuy

Reaction score
First name
Eric
bigcouger said:
Kevin said:

:no dice. more please: Go for it Kevin I need bigger pictures :pleasantry::greeting: an Ill wait for the next one :rofl2::lol::yipee::greeting:

I will repost with bigger pics tonight.

BangleGuy

Reaction score
First name
Eric
bigcouger said:
Kevin said:

Ok, here are the big pics! :good2:

BangleGuy

Reaction score
First name
Eric
bigcouger said:
:morning2: Here is an example of walnut I purchased from Mike, Its got some beautiful figure and this is what im looking for :morning1:

Wow, nice stuff. I would be looking for that too. Good luck, BG