FEDEX Flat rates???

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I have seen a few comercials now for the new fedex flat rate boxes and was wondering if anybody has used them?? Good Competition with the USPS flat rates?

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
First I have heard of it, I'm interested as well.

rdnkmedic

WB Addict
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Maybe I'm not smart enough but I have looked all over their site and cannot find a price list. Where I was looking it kept telling me to put in a destination and a whole bunch of other stuff that I didn't have time for. Somebody with more patience will have to look for me.

Last edited:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Kathie, who wrote code for those kind of programs says it is one of the worst websites there is- she tried to search it down and got discouraged. I will ask next time I send something......

Cody Killgore

Reaction score
First name
Cody
I haven't used it but went there just to see what the prices were like. This is what I found. I put the dimensions in there... Might be good for some things but it looks more pricey to me. And I guess you have the choice of several services with it. I think the express saver is like a 3 day service though. So maybe a bit slower than USPS. I duno...

The Pak looked like a padded envelope thing.

FedExPak.jpg FedexSmall.jpg FedexMed.jpg FedExLarge.jpg FedExExtLarge.jpg FedExTube.jpg

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Looks like the 12x12x12 and the 38x6x6 by the 6th would be a good deal for those dern wood wastin turners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:omg::sofa:

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
There are a few of those sizes that appeal. The 16x16x7 would be a great way to ship large bowl blanks, and several of the others would be great for hollow form blanks. I'll have to keep this in mind!

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was reading more on this and it seems the rates are better the closer you and your customer are. It would seem the bigger box size is a step up from usps

Cody Killgore

Reaction score
First name
Cody
I was reading more on this and it seems the rates are better the closer you and your customer are. It would seem the bigger box size is a step up from usps

Seems like you're right on this. I just plugged in some to and from addresses. The ones I pictured are from Louisiana to Tennessee. I put in a Louisiana to California addresses and the prices went up. On the small box it went up by $1, medium up by $2. Looks like it also goes up depending on size of box. The Tube went up $11.

Interesting...