ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Terry, I wish there were some way to make this easy for you. I can only offer my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Kevin will be missed, but not forgotten.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I have felt this same loss- I was 45 she was 40- Life goes on and the pain diminishes. Not quite sure what else to say.

manbuckwal

Reaction score
First name
Tom
Please accept Our condolences for you and your family........ I get choked up every time I try and type something...... I hope your family is with you to help you thru this difficult time ...... hang in there ......

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Terry in case you don't see my other post, I am incredibly sad for your loss. Kevin was my friend and a mentor to me, I admired him greatly. We had some good times: a ton here on WB, by phone, text and in person. It makes my heart hurt to not have him around, I can't imagine what it's like for you and the rest of the family. Please reach out to me if I can do anything for you. Tony

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Well we had some good times listening to him tell us everything about everything. Lol. Do t think anyone here can fill his shoes. I've got a piece of wood he sent me that he wrote in it that it was the first piece of wood he ever bought online or in the mail. Guess I'll put it up.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Times like this one always tries to find words that will help ease the pain, but there truly aren't any; only time can erase that burden. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family Terry. I think everyone here was touched by Kevin in some way, and we all hope that you find some solace in knowing that we all share a small part of your loss.

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
Terry I am deeply sadden to have seen this this morning. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am truly without words to say. I am honored to have met you and Kevin. He was as witty in person as he was here on site. His ability to make you feel good about yourself and see things in people was very heart felt. If I can do anything please feel free to call on me.

To my WB family what you know of Kevin here was how he was in person. He was the big brother looking out for each of us and he cared very much for everyone. I say again I am honored to have talked, walked and share time with him. His knowledge and wit were as sharp as a fine edge on his cutting tools. We are all very fortunate to have had gift of his presence.

Rest In Peace Kevin and may God be with you Terry and your family through this trying time.

Rodney

Jack "Pappy" Lewis

Reaction score
First name
Jack
Terry, I wish I could snap my fingers and make all this go away, but I can't. I wish you the largest amount of peace that God can offer you. To say we are sad is a huge understatement, there is an empty spot here on the site that will never be filled, as well as one in your heart. There is no wound deeper then that of a lost loved one, stay strong, look forward, but keep those memories alive inside you for as long as you can.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember when I first joined up here. There was a memorial topic for a member named Bikerjim. It struck me odd that an online forum would do this for a guy they never even met. I mean, who gets close to people on an online community?
Little did I know then how deep into this community I would get, or the friendships that I would make, all because of Kevin.
It pains me to know that I can never meet this man. There's a great many of people here I have grown to like, and I would love to meet, but Kevin, I longed to meet him.
None of us will ever forget him, we couldn't even if we wanted too.
Wood Barter is an important place for me and I'm sure many others. It has become a part of my life and also part of so many other peoples lives and it's just an amazing and unique community. I remember when he asked me if I wanted to be a moderator here and we had a long conversation back n forth over what he wanted from me. The majority of it was the usual comedic banter. But, I felt honored that he chose me.
I would thank him often for letting me be a part of Woodbarter, but he would always say that it is him who should be thanking me.
I have learned quite a lot from him and I am thankful for it. I also have made a ton of mistakes and he would always talk to me about them. He never got mad at me for em, but he would always rationalize with me. (I know for sure he got upset over at least two of my goofs, and those haunt me still, but I'll never do it again)
I'm going to miss that about him. I'm going to miss his comedy, his truthfulness, his wit, his grumpyness, but most of all, I will miss him being my friend.

"Who gets close to people on an online forum?"
Now I know.....
I do...
He did...
And Wood Barter does....

Rest in peace Kevin, my friend.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Thank you Scott....

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
Terry,
I can only say what other have said so I won't.
I Am honored to a small branch graphed on tothe Wood Barter family tree that Kevin planted.
Thank you for sharing him with us and now we share in part your deep loss.
Dave

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
There's an old saying that "All good things must come to an end", but I'm not sure I believe it. As long as there are new woodworkers being introduced to Woodbarter, Kevin's legacy will live on. With those final 3 words, so many adventures in wood working will begin.

Wood is Good.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Thinking of Kevin today. I opened the Dodge 026.JPG caravan door and thought, the kid's going to complain that I have no room for her. Then I thought, Kevin would be proud of me. Maybe next time I'll use the truck.

Terry Collins

Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Terry
Please accept Our condolences for you and your family........ I get choked up every time I try and type something...... I hope your family is with you to help you thru this difficult time ...... hang in there ......
I know what you mean...I still get choked up over the loss of my husband. My family has been extremely supportive. Thank you so much.

Terry Collins

Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Terry
I remember when I first joined up here. There was a memorial topic for a member named Bikerjim. It struck me odd that an online forum would do this for a guy they never even met. I mean, who gets close to people on an online community?
Little did I know then how deep into this community I would get, or the friendships that I would make, all because of Kevin.
It pains me to know that I can never meet this man. There's a great many of people here I have grown to like, and I would love to meet, but Kevin, I longed to meet him.
None of us will ever forget him, we couldn't even if we wanted too.
Wood Barter is an important place for me and I'm sure many others. It has become a part of my life and also part of so many other peoples lives and it's just an amazing and unique community. I remember when he asked me if I wanted to be a moderator here and we had a long conversation back n forth over what he wanted from me. The majority of it was the usual comedic banter. But, I felt honored that he chose me.
I would thank him often for letting me be a part of Woodbarter, but he would always say that it is him who should be thanking me.
I have learned quite a lot from him and I am thankful for it. I also have made a ton of mistakes and he would always talk to me about them. He never got mad at me for em, but he would always rationalize with me. (I know for sure he got upset over at least two of my goofs, and those haunt me still, but I'll never do it again)
I'm going to miss that about him. I'm going to miss his comedy, his truthfulness, his wit, his grumpyness, but most of all, I will miss him being my friend.

"Who gets close to people on an online forum?"
Now I know.....
I do...
He did...
And Wood Barter does....

Rest in peace Kevin, my friend.
Thank you so much...you've got me balling my head off again! Your words are very true and are the words of a true friend indeed.

Terry Collins

Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Terry
Terry in case you don't see my other post, I am incredibly sad for your loss. Kevin was my friend and a mentor to me, I admired him greatly. We had some good times: a ton here on WB, by phone, text and in person. It makes my heart hurt to not have him around, I can't imagine what it's like for you and the rest of the family. Please reach out to me if I can do anything for you. Tony
Thank you so much Tony. He appreciated your friendship as well.

Terry Collins

Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Terry
Terry I am deeply sadden to have seen this this morning. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am truly without words to say. I am honored to have met you and Kevin. He was as witty in person as he was here on site. His ability to make you feel good about yourself and see things in people was very heart felt. If I can do anything please feel free to call on me.

To my WB family what you know of Kevin here was how he was in person. He was the big brother looking out for each of us and he cared very much for everyone. I say again I am honored to have talked, walked and share time with him. His knowledge and wit were as sharp as a fine edge on his cutting tools. We are all very fortunate to have had gift of his presence.

Rest In Peace Kevin and may God be with you Terry and your family through this trying time.

Rodney
Very well said Rodney. Thank you!

Terry Collins

Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Terry
Terry, I wish I could snap my fingers and make all this go away, but I can't. I wish you the largest amount of peace that God can offer you. To say we are sad is a huge understatement, there is an empty spot here on the site that will never be filled, as well as one in your heart. There is no wound deeper then that of a lost loved one, stay strong, look forward, but keep those memories alive inside you for as long as you can.
There is a huge hole in my heart that I fear will never be healed. Thank you for your kind words. It means so much.

Terry Collins

Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Terry
Terry,
I can only say what other have said so I won't.
I Adam honored to a small branch graphed on tO the Wood Barter family tree that Kevin planted.
Thank you for sharing him with us and now we share in part your deep loss.
Dave
Thank you Dave so much. I feel blessed to have been his high school sweet heart and then marry nearly 27 years later. I feel short changed that I only had 12 1/2 years of marriage with him but I know that he is in a better place. It's those left behind that suffer and grieve. It's a hard place to be right now.