Gold and red Ambonya Burl Pieces around 2" square by 6-8"

Joe Williams

Reaction score
First name
Joe
Hi,

I am trying to replicate a secretary that has small ambonya columns inside it. It has six columns and they seem like they are finished 1.5-1 3/4 in diameter by 7".

I would love golden and red mixed if anyone has it. Stabilized or not stabilized. Anyone have anything like that?

Thank you
Joe

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Joe, I still have the pieces of stabilized two-tone Amboyna Burl we had talked a little bit about previously. Though they might be a touch smaller than you're looking for to get your finished diameter.

All four sides of each piece are pictured. Sizes are:
AB1 - 1 9/16" x 1 9/16" x 13 9/16"
AB2 - 1 9/16" x 1 9/16" x 13 9/16"
AB3 - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 12 9/16"
AB4 - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 12 9/16"

AB1.jpg
AB2.jpg
AB3.jpg
AB4.jpg

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Reaction score
First name
Joe
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I might be able to get close enough with those, the problem I have is that the part where they will live I finished months ago before I got sick again and so I need 1.5 minimum. If I could finish them out to that I might be just fine.

How much did you want for those?

Thank you!

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
1 & 2 could finish out to 1 1/2" if you're very careful and get it centered perfectly prior to turning. Obviously only just a tiny amount of give. 3 & 4 probably wouldn't quite finish out at 1 1/2" since that's where they're starting at.

I'll send you a PM.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Forgot to note that Joe has purchased AB1 & AB2. They went out in the mail yesterday.