green head limit

shadetree_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Joe
Them Mallards are tasty. Can't get Linda to touch them though, she had a male and female she called Frick and Frack that followed her all over hells half acre for years when we still lived up in the mountains, thought she was momma I guess even though they were grown and years old. Wolverine finally got them. ( Then I got the wolverine)

Last edited:

davduckman2010

were ever you go-- there you are
Reaction score
First name
david
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@davduckman2010 let a few pass through after all......

View attachment 67568
great day there kris congrats we got thousands of mallards /pintails and blacks up here this week that cold front pushed them down we got 10 mallards and sent another 5 sailin yesterday. there will be a ton more heading your way here shortly:good: go buy some more shells your going to need them :rofl: our duck season closes sunday but goose goes till the end of january. we saw 3 to 400 geese today at our blind comeing in right after shooting time -- of coarse:sorry:

khobson

Reaction score
First name
Kris
great day there kris congrats we got thousands of mallards /pintails and blacks up here this week that cold front pushed them down we got 10 mallards and sent another 5 sailin yesterday. there will be a ton more heading your way here shortly:good: go buy some more shells your going to need them :rofl: our duck season closes sunday but goose goes till the end of january. we saw 3 to 400 geese today at our blind comeing in right after shooting time -- of coarse:sorry:

It was a great day....although it sure didn't start out that way. The tank we set up on was a total bust and my 9 year old was already cold after only about 15 minutes and we still had 45 minutes until shooting light! He was a trooper and toughed it out without a fuss, but shooting light came and there were no ducks headed our way. We called an audible, picked up the decoys, and set out to see if we could change our luck. The area we were in has a ton of little ponds and so my son got an education in the art of jumping ponds. We had some pretty good success and he decided that we definitely made the right call. Glad to hear that a few more are headed south. Our season won't end until the 25th and that is usually right about the time it is getting good! Seems every year I see ducks everywhere the first couple of weekends in February. I sure wish Texas would shift the season a week or two later! We will definitely do our best to help manage the population in the time we do have.....

davduckman2010

were ever you go-- there you are
Reaction score
First name
david
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was a great day....although it sure didn't start out that way. The tank we set up on was a total bust and my 9 year old was already cold after only about 15 minutes and we still had 45 minutes until shooting light! He was a trooper and toughed it out without a fuss, but shooting light came and there were no ducks headed our way. We called an audible, picked up the decoys, and set out to see if we could change our luck. The area we were in has a ton of little ponds and so my son got an education in the art of jumping ponds. We had some pretty good success and he decided that we definitely made the right call. Glad to hear that a few more are headed south. Our season won't end until the 25th and that is usually right about the time it is getting good! Seems every year I see ducks everywhere the first couple of weekends in February. I sure wish Texas would shift the season a week or two later! We will definitely do our best to help manage the population in the time we do have.....
its the same up here they close the season on ducks your hunting geese only and seems like thousands of ducks just show up from no where. there not all stupid. and by the way nice looking yeller lab there i love them dam dogs:good: