Hello from Maui

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
According to the rules this is step one. I have not looked around the forums yet, but if the URL is any indication I look forward to it.

I make lots of different things, and pens paddles and vases are my favorite right now. I have access to the Hawaiian woods, and willing to trade more than sell. Some of the mainland and exotic woods are not available easily here.

Please point me in the right direction for this site, and surly good trades will happen.

Mahalo,
Don Ratcliff
Maui Wood Creations

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Welcome Don. The best way to learn the site is look around and get a feel for it. Won't take long. You won't have any shortage of members willing to trade. I'm the only one here that likes Curly Koa so keep that in mind.

:welcome2:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Aloha Don! Welcome to the club!

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
Welcome from MN! @Kevin may be the only one who likes curly koa but it's getting out of hand for him so the rest of us need to get it first to keep him from doing himself an injury trying to get more.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Don, Welcome from South Texas! I'll take that Koa off your hands and keep it out of @Kevin's hands. No need to thank me, just doing a public service:hi3: Tony

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your work.

Johnturner

Proud Member
Reaction score
First name
John
:welcome2: From Eastern Massachusetts - maybe the farthest away member from you? This site is amazing and everyone is so nice.
John

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like I'm in the right place. Thanks for the welcome wagon. This is my latest haul of wood. Haven't milled it up yet but about half is koa. I'll post pics of my stuff.

20160506_163725.jpg

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome Don. The best way to learn the site is look around and get a feel for it. Won't take long. You won't have any shortage of members willing to trade. I'm the only one here that likes Curly Koa so keep that in mind.

:welcome2:
You have many friends who gladly would sacrifice themselves for you and take any koa so as to not let you strain yourself. I'm impressed and would hate to cause you harm in sending Curly Koa...