Hello from WI

Miken

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Hello everyone! I’m from Green Bay, Wi. Been into woodworking for about 20 years, not a pro, just a hack with too many tools.

Mike

IMG_1240.jpeg

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome from NY

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Mike, Welcome from South Texas!

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome from Bulverde, Texas! What is your favorite wood species to work with? Chuck

Miken

Reaction score
First name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome from Bulverde, Texas! What is your favorite wood species to work with? Chuck
Thanks! I like Ambrosia maple normally For the lathe. Its always unique. This bowl was a piece of a hickory tree my late father-in-law had to cut down. I made the bowl for a Christmas present for my mother-in -law. Here is the finished bowl.

IMG_1253.jpeg

Last edited:

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
Welcome from LaCrosse:itsadeal: We have family in Appleton so get over your way once in awhile. Nice bowl !!and a nice piece of spalted Hickory to boot!

M2K

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Thanks! I like Ambrosia maple normally For the lathe. Its always unique. This bowl was a piece of a hickory tree my late father-in-law had to cut down. I made the bowl for a Christmas present for my mother-in -law. Here is the finished bowl.

View attachment 255940
That is special and looks amazing. Nothing better than wood from home connected to someone special. A treasure…