Hi Way Robbery

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Broke the deck belt on the mower this afternoon. Checked Lowes to see if they had one in stock, they do, but it's $70 for a 138.7 x 5/8" belt. Said the heck with that, Amazon has the same belt for $32 and I joined prime for one week to get it by Wednesday. Also save an hour round trip to town to get it. I'm all for buying locally, but twice the price.... No thanks!

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Depending upon how much you spend, you may find the Prime membership more than pays for itself. Then again, you may never leave the house.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Depending upon how much you spend, you may find the Prime membership more than pays for itself. Then again, you may never leave the house.
I dropped Amazon Prime a couple of years ago, but still on occasion buy from Amazon. If you meet the minimum purchase, you can still avoid shipping costs, although you probably will not get 2-day air delivry. Chuck

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We've had prime off and in over the years, and for us it doesn't pay, unless there is something we need right away. They are getting better with delivery, but often times prime delivery is no faster than regular out here in the boondocks. They are getting some warehouses within 100 miles of us, so some items come quickly.

We don't use streaming and other prime services, so delivery is our only consideration.

As long as you don't abuse it too badly, they don't seem to have a problem with repeatedly signing up for a delivery or two, then cancelling it. A few weeks later if you need something quick, sign up again. If you cancel service within a week or so of an order, they often refund the dollar they charged you.