How's your weather treating you?

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Finally have spring here. Beautiful trees and bulbs in full bloom and high temps in the 70s and 60s the next 10 days with occasional rain.

Just drive north 2 hours, grass is starting to turn...lilac buds swelling as are the soft and silver maple buds and flowers. That's it. Great day, 67, then 48 with hail, then rebound to 60, back to 49 now. No snow here till later in the week, but not supposed to stick (but neither was last week's Friday coating).

Clay3063

I'm a cantankerous old man, and I know it.
Reaction score
First name
Clay
I left two days before a snow storm
They're calling for us to get up to or about 24" of snow in a storm starting later tomorrow. Winds up to 50mph with it. Some rain mixed in with it and temperatures hovering on both sides of freezing. Yeah, this will be fun... At least, since our snow has almost all melted, we will have a place to put it. If this had been a few weeks ago, not sure where we'd have piled it!

And both of our boys are under the weather - both running fevers, one can't keep anything down, the other has a cough that's deep and loud enough to wake the dead. Yay...
to head south to Texas. I came back last night. Looks like we're in for the snow I missed before I left. LOL. And yes, winds of 35-45 with predicted gusts 50-70 mph. Oh joy!

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
The storm that was supposed to start around noon?

It's already raining here. Just remains to be seen what time it crosses to snow now.

Clay3063

Reaction score
First name
Clay
The storm that was supposed to start around noon?

It's already raining here. Just remains to be seen what time it crosses to snow now.
LOL. Yep. I have a forecasting rock that does a better job than those weather dudes on tv. Calm. Sunny. Beautiful here.... but give it a minute or three. We've been under a fire weather and wind warning since yesterday. Got here, wind was 10-15. Little windier down in NW New Mexico coming across from Clayton but not bad.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
sitting here at work (don't tell anyone) and wondering what the base will do if this thing really starts moving in around noon. Have to admit, the sky looks ominous, but bright and sunny to the east; nice morning for a blizzard. I live on the dividing line between horrible and nasty; I may see an inch blow by at 50 mph, or I may get a whopping 4 inches blowing by. Its just that visibility thing trying to drive home......

Clay3063

Reaction score
First name
Clay
Yep. Just got an alert that we are now under a winter weather advisory. 3-5 inches of the white stuff and 60 mph winds. Thinking I may talk to the LOrd about this and see if we can't share some of this love with our fair weather friends down in TX... like San Antonio area. ROFL!

Can ya hear me @Tony ??? I'm talking to the Lord about sharing some love with ya little buddy!!!

Last edited:

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
What a ride that was last night!! Emptied the rain gauge yesterday which had 4 1/2" from the day before. Check out the damage and the gauge this morning and it was full at 5 1/2". Tornadoes sighted about 8 miles away, 1" hail flying and power lost for 3 hours. And we got the better part from what I'm seeing on the news

IMG_5963.PNG

Clay3063

Reaction score
First name
Clay
While Texas got wet stuff we got another 4" or so of the white stuff yesterday. Fortunately most of it is gone today. Maybe this is the last one for the season. At this rate however, I am not holding my breath. IMG_1339.JPG

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Oh you have no clue how real that is... Had a guy bring us 18 drums of honey Friday. 10 drums first load, 8 on the second. We label them with a piece of duct tape; producer, floral source, year, and weight of the drum. Hand about cooked trying to write on the first batch of drums, but he'd been in the office chatting for 20 minutes before we unloaded. Second load came in, I got on the truck and started soon as he stopped. First drum was not bad, by the 4th drum things were hot again, and by number 6 we were back to so damned hot you couldn't lay your hand on the drum. Could not believe how fast it heated up.

Herb G.

Reaction score
First name
Herb
It's been so hot here for the last few days, people are taking back stuff they haven't stolen yet.

We're just starting a 2 week long heat wave. So far it's been averaging 95*+ every day.
Headed to over 100*F tomorrow.

Last edited:

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Just missed the 2 inch hail, thankfully, but a few more storms in the area before they push on east towards the plains.

BFC35E88-DDBA-4BD9-BD13-D8B367FE3AF7.jpeg

0F8180E0-5FBE-4900-B571-5544523EB2A1.jpeg

A982DA2C-F0A7-48FB-92CC-59EF31C8C7D9.jpeg

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Going on 7 inches of rain here in last 3 days. All has come in torrential down pours, lots of lightning, high winds. Been an interesting 3 days! We do need it, not complaining a bit, and it is calming the ungodly hot temperatures a little. Saw a long range forecast suggesting tropical storm development in the Gulf next week; if it does what they were suggesting, we might catch up on ALL of the rainfall we're short (and then some) by week's end! Models are showing it parking off the coast about where Michael came in last year, moving ashore NW verrrrrrrrryyyyyyy slllllooooowwwwwwlllyyy! As in 5 - 6 days to move 200 miles. Got to get the grass mowed this week, ALL of it!!

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Meanwhile, in Northern California we are experiencing modest temperatures with mostly clear skies. Currently 70 going to 98 today. And it's a dry heat. Hard to complain! Chuck

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
We have been 89 degrees or over for all but one day the last week, but my plan to keep cool is working. When it gets above 80 I go to the house.:good2:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Today was a 4 shirt day and 3 changes south side to rid the wet accumulation in the mild 88-90 degree temps topped with 80+ % humidity. Had the wife help cut and split wood between the drops of cool from the sky. Got 1.5 cords done along with the lawn. A long day for us...down to 71 degrees with light rain. We're in for the night.