How's your weather treating you?

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
We had heavy fall web-worm this year. Many of the cherries are all ready bare. Most of the trees (maple & birch) have been slowly changing color, but the colored leaves seem to fall off within a day or two of change. Trees are thin crowned. Frost has been spotty, has missed us this week but calling for killing frost from Sunday on.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
49 degrees here this morning, going to 61 glorious degrees today! I love fall weather, riding the motorcycle everyday to work. 🏍

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Possible frost tonight, they have a freeze warning posted for tonight, we'll see, kinda early here for that.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
We will get one tonight for sure. It's been bright and sunny all day not a cloud in the sky. It has also been cold never hit 60 all day. We have had a fire in the stove since daylight. We have had a couple light frosts got a feeling tonight is going to be a good one.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
We will get one tonight for sure. It's been bright and sunny all day not a cloud in the sky. It has also been cold never hit 60 all day. We have had a fire in the stove since daylight. We have had a couple light frosts got a feeling tonight is going to be a good one.

Good luck, our killing frost is predicted for tomorrow night.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
We are a day ahead and just a tiny bit warmer than you guys. Predicting a low of 39° for us tonight.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Low tonight of 73 high tomorrow of 86 that's after the front has past and the lowest high in a loooong time. Oh 100% percent chance of tropical storm/hurricane Beta rains from Sunday til Thursday

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Well, the forecast calls for a low of 57 tonight. The bright side is rain, wind and maybe t-storms as well. We have been hiding inside from the smoke for eight days and the weather change should moderate that issue to some degree. Not complaining as many out this way have had it a much worse. Just praying for no more fires. We are very thankful that all we got was smoke.

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Low tonight of 73 high tomorrow of 86 that's after the front has past and the lowest high in a loooong time. Oh 100% percent chance of tropical storm/hurricane Beta rains from Sunday til Thursday
Dodged a couple storms. Now, may have to dodge another. I listen to several cruisers and outdoors campers while I am working. If the better half wasnt highly allergic to fish I may have gotten a boat and headed South by now.

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
Well, the forecast calls for a low of 57 tonight. The bright side is rain, wind and maybe t-storms as well. We have been hiding inside from the smoke for eight days and the weather change should moderate that issue to some degree. Not complaining as many out this way have had it a much worse. Just praying for no more fires. We are very thankful that all we got was smoke.
Hey Bill, do yall have fires out there or is it from others that the smoke has traveled? Take care.

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
I believe the closest fire is at White Pass. We have been watching Windy.com and it shows the smoke coming from northern California and Oregon. The weather outlook was correct as we had wind and rain last night. It was indeed 57 at 4:30 this morning. So no smoke here now. Broken overcast and breezy. Relatives checking in from the NW are reporting that the smoke has dissipated. Wife and I should be getting back to our morning walks now.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Been in Florida visiti the past few days and the heat and humidity have kicked my tail!! Ugh......., but small front is sitting over us south of Venice with a nice breeze, a bit more tolerable. More on the trip in another post.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
@Wildthings , Barry, I know you are wet, but are you still above water?? Just thinking about you as we flew home yesterday...….

Hope all the gulf coast folks are okay. I know these slow movers can flood just as bad as a more powerful storm.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
@Wildthings , Barry, I know you are wet, but are you still above water?? Just thinking about you as we flew home yesterday...….

Hope all the gulf coast folks are okay. I know these slow movers can flood just as bad as a more powerful storm.
Thanks Garry. We came out about as perfect as you could want. There were quite a few areas in the SW Houston area that received greater than 10"

Reports this morning is Beta has moved across Galveston Bay heading NE and soon to be just a memory. Most of the heavy bands were slightly west of us during this encounter. My son (20 miles SW) got 12 1/2", my BIL (15 miles west) got 8 1/2". Yesterday my totals were 1 1/4" but during the
night it rained up to 2 3/4". Here's that band that upped my totals last evening. If you never have been in one of these bands imagine a bucket of water being poured on your head for a while LOL

1600875479104.png

Compared to Hurricane Harvey's 52" (5 days) this was a nice shower. Here's a comparison of Beta to Harvey(right)

1600875265596.png

I think we are done with tropical weather this year even though officially it ends in a month or so
My weather guys are promising pretty weather here shortly and a significant cool front within a week!!

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Spent the last 7 nights sleeping in a tent. The first few nights got down into the high 30's. Then a couple nights in the 40's. Then a real treat the last couple nights - 50's! We slept well and warm - we knew what the temps could be when we were getting ready for the trip, so we were prepared with extra blankets. Daytime highs were nice - ranging from low 60's to mid 70's. Only rained briefly, once, during the night.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Our weather has been good, but been talking with my Nephew who lives in Cheyenne WY. Fire in Medicine Bow National Forest is giving them sub optimal weather. Said today, couldn't spend more than a few minutes outside without chest getting tight and out of breath. Here is a picture he took yesterday at about 4:30 pm of the sun. And no, those aren't clouds.

IMG_0705.jpg

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Would have thought a pink ball was super-imposed into a normal looking sky for us. However, it would be clouds here. Our sun rise mornings have been odd colored the last 10 days or so. They say from the ash and dust from out west. Simply amazing what can be...