How's your weather treating you?

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
104 here. Humidity is 18. Supposed to hit 111 tomorrow. Few degrees hotter and I might even get in pool....

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Pushing high temp records here for the last couple days and most of this week. They postponed the last day of the Track & Field Trials in Eugene because the temp on the track was 148F. Just hoping no idiots start any fires.
It is 4th of July week. I hear idiots every night. Grrr

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
We are mid to upper 90's today and tomorrow and maybe Wednesday for peak temps, then supposed to drop to normal. Think the 80-90% humidity is our killer right now. I had to take a few extra breaks to stay conscious. It was down to 90 degrees when I left work and 77 when I got home. Anything over 95 degrees and I'm usually wiped out big time.

barefoot

Reaction score
First name
Carla
Flooding here now, most of the freeway underpasses are flooded and cars are floating or submerged. Flood watch until tomorrow. All the streams and rivers are cresting. 3 to 5 inches of rain yesterday and more on the way for the next few days. We went from little to no rain to too much all at once
Hey, Guy, sorry to hear about people losing their homes. That area of PA has already taken a lot of hits. Though my memories from my teen days don't much count now, I did take PA history in high school there. It's a beautiful state.
When the ground gets so dry, it can't absorb water, like a dried-out old sponge mop.

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
We watched the CBS Evening News last night and learned that we broke the state record yesterday. It was hot, 116. I saw Seattle was 108. That is nuts. 117 is projected today at the house.

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Well, it was reported that it reached 117 this afternoon. I've lived here 69 years and that is a record for me. My brother said he had 118. His place is about 500 yards away. We have electricity, AC and water/irrigation so we can't complain.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Pushing high temp records here for the last couple days and most of this week. They postponed the last day of the Track & Field Trials in Eugene because the temp on the track was 148F. Just hoping no idiots start any fires.
Did you have to evacuate. I read there was a fire at Redmond?.
104 here at 4:30

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Did you have to evacuate. I read there was a fire at Redmond?.
104 here at 4:30
No, thanks for asking. That fire was east of the airport (maybe 5 - 6 miles from us) and the wind was sort of northward. Terrain was sagebrush, grass and fairly well spaced junipers. They got on it quick and had help from aerial units. The airport was shutdown for a couple hours. Down to 103 today, expected high 90's tomorrow so maybe we're out of the triple digits for now.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
No, thanks for asking. That fire was east of the airport (maybe 5 - 6 miles from us) and the wind was sort of northward. Terrain was sagebrush, grass and fairly well spaced junipers. They got on it quick and had help from aerial units. The airport was shutdown for a couple hours. Down to 103 today, expected high 90's tomorrow so maybe we're out of the triple digits for now.
I saw the map last night and knew it was close. Glad you are ok.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
We just got home from 7 nights of camping. We had lots and lots of rain. I think the longest stretch we went without rain was a little under 24 hours. Packing up this morning, it was a beautiful morning. Then all of a sudden the skies opened up and poured down the heaviest rain of the week during the last 20 minutes of packing up.

And, well, we tent camp.

At least we were able to keep the inside of the tent dry, excepting everything feeling damp because of the humidity. At least it wasn't hot - temps were nice.

The next couple days will be spent airing out, drying out, cleaning, and repacking gear - we have some nights planned with my family in MI later in July.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Man it has rained everyday this week. Supposed to get another inch or two today. If I don't get a break in the rain soon I'm gonna need goats instead of a lawnmower! 💦

Trob115

Reaction score
First name
Trey
85-95% humidity every single day, with temps in the mid 90's. If we catch a rain, you can have a low country boil outside once the sun pops back out 😓

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Pretty treacherous driving today, heavy rain and poor visibility mixed with flooded roads and people doing stupid shite.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Since Monday, we have had just over 4" of rain. Staying somewhere near 70-80% humidity with temps just under 100 degrees. Today is cloudy and might rain, but not a guarantee. ............ Jerry (in Tucson)

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Man it has rained everyday this week. Supposed to get another inch or two today. If I don't get a break in the rain soon I'm gonna need goats instead of a lawnmower! 💦
We've had the same, except no rain today and wknd is supposed to be nice. Im having to mow today with the deck at its highest and still crawling along.

I stopped adding up the rain, but we've been getting 4-6" a week for the last few wks during what is normally our summer " drought" season.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Hot and muggy with the afternoon showers and a few morning showers mixed in. Have had an hour or so of rain already this morning so hopefully that is todays rain. Working on building a chicken house so likely will get an evening rain for frustrations sake:ponder:... oh well, reckon He knows better'n me what is needed.