Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Thanks Greg. A local church dropped me off some food the other day during the hurricane. That was very nice of them to do that for me.
I had them put it on the porch, because I didn't want to spread this crap any further.
From what I hear I guess a person can still test positive up to 3 weeks after infection. Hopefully since you where vaccinated your time may be shorter. I hope you get well quickly.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Just watching some tropic forecast. Saying 2 more storms in the gulf within the next 10 days. The invest hitting the Yucatan right now and the invest that just rolled off the African coast. We shall see

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
Just watching some tropic forecast. Saying 2 more storms in the gulf within the next 10 days. The invest hitting the Yucatan right now and the invest that just rolled off the African coast. We shall see
Squeaked by all those mentioned above, now waiting to see what this Invest 94L is going to do. My goto guys are saying 3 scenarios right now. One of them it will go into south Texas giving me 2-4" of rain, another scenario says it will go into the central TX coast and then slowly move NE dumping 20"+ on us and the 3rd scenario it hugs the TX coast as it moves NE leaving the heavy rain offshore and dumping it on Louisiana. Looks like I can turn the sprinklers off this week

1631412109307.png

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Woo hoo! We got over a half inch of rain yesterday! Still far below half of what our normal summer rainfall amounts to.

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
1" last night and so far today 2". The real downpour will be tonight when the storm goes by about 20 miles to my northwest. Here's the 7pm NHC track prediction. I put a star on the map below showing where I live

1631579938319.png

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
We had a pretty severe storm roll through yesterday, dumped a lot of rain and hail. Thankfully no vehicle damage. There is potential for more storms developing today. Hot and humid to day with. High of 87. Its 94% humidity this mornng.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
First little frost this morning. Given we had a killing freeze 10 days earlier in the month last year, not bad at all. Just that hint that I am even further behind on construction, winterizing trailer etc……gee, where has the year gone…..

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
First little frost this morning. Given we had a killing freeze 10 days earlier in the month last year, not bad at all. Just that hint that I am even further behind on construction, winterizing trailer etc……gee, where has the year gone…..
Yeah, but Indian Summer is coming next month. My favorite two weeks of the year.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Under a flood watch, supposed to get an all day rain and up to 6" I'll be putting the plug in the floor drain in the basement today just in case. I don't want to come home from work and find any surprise floods in the basement.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
All the local rivers are cresting, expected peak for flooding is Friday morning. It's rained pretty much all day, 1 brief break before noon and now it's heavy rain again. Hope my basement fairs well, plug is in the drain, might get a little water from between the basement wall and floor. When it's this bad I usually get a little in the wood shop, but everything is off the floor so no worries there.