I've observed a growing number of mentions of a specific type of "scented yellow wood" appearing on the Chinese marketplace. This wood is described as having a citrus-like scent, >1.0 density and relatively yellow coloured. After some research, I found the Chinese common name of this wood all indicated to a single source of article published in a journal: https://castjournals.cast.org.cn/joweb/rdzwxb/EN/PDF/10.3969/j.issn.1000-2561.2023.10.021
The name of such wood is referred as Humbertia madagascariensis and Endra Endra mentioned on The WoodDatabase website. Please be aware that this article is not recognised internationally and should be read with caution. I have also attached several pictures showing the so-called wood on the marketplace. As there are very limited information on the Internet about Humbertia madagascariensis and I'm unsure how to indentify if the wood is true to be Humbertia madagascariensis. I would like people to give some insights about the wood if they indeed have a chance to get access to Humbertia madagascariensis.
The name of such wood is referred as Humbertia madagascariensis and Endra Endra mentioned on The WoodDatabase website. Please be aware that this article is not recognised internationally and should be read with caution. I have also attached several pictures showing the so-called wood on the marketplace. As there are very limited information on the Internet about Humbertia madagascariensis and I'm unsure how to indentify if the wood is true to be Humbertia madagascariensis. I would like people to give some insights about the wood if they indeed have a chance to get access to Humbertia madagascariensis.
Last edited: